My Trip Is Approaching, And I Can't Wait To Do These Things

My Study Abroad Trip Is Approaching, And I Cannot Wait To Do These 4 Things

The countdown begins, and I am beyond excited to experience this adventure!

118
Nils Nedel

Studying abroad is something I never thought I'd get the opportunity to do. Before college, I never really thought about it. I had always wanted to travel, but never thought this option would work out. Well, now my study abroad trip to the Netherlands is coming very soon. The more I think about it, the more I get excited! There are several things that I want to do and experience, but these are my top four!

1. Be in a totally different environment. 

I love America, but I am ready to explore! I am ready to see what the Netherlands has to offer. I have seen pictures and have heard about its beauty. I have heard great things about the people there. I am used to being an American surrounded by other Americans. Now I get to be one of the few Americans around. It's going to be different, but I know I will enjoy it all!

2. Take tons of pictures.

We live in the age of Instagram, and that saying, "If you don't post it, it never happened," is something that a lot of us hold true. I am trying to get better at this. However, I know I will want to share my experiences through pictures with all of my friends. I always enjoyed seeing my friends' study abroad pictures on social media. I also just want to have some pictures for myself. Making memories is important, and I am grateful that we have the technology to help us remember memories like this.

3. Visit all the generic tourist-y areas.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not looking forward to seeing the things I saw in The Fault in Our Stars. I can be a museum geek, so I am beyond excited to see the Anne Frank House. I HAVE to see the picturesque canals . I want to see the different architecture, and I want to see some windmills!

4. Discover more about myself. 

Being in another place can do amazing things for personal growth. I have been all about growth these past three years of college, and I cannot see how much I change for the better after this trip!