All The Best Fall Trends From The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

Showing you my predicted fall trends and how you can start building your fall wardrobe for less by shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

53
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/07/17/6363591335288829071601700979_6363571714892845311037346178_636356953778959117-282609168_Lush%2520tee.png

Early access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale has begun, and bloggers are going crazy over it! If you are not a Nordstrom card holder, you cannot shop the sale until July 21, but you can go ahead and take a sneak peek of all of the heavily discounted items.

Nordstrom releases new fall merchandise every July, most of which is on sale hence the anniversary sale. What makes this sale different is that all of the sale items are new and are offered at a discount upon product release and then marked up after the sale. Unfortunately, I am not a Nordstrom card holder, so I have to wait for the public sale to open up, but I wanted to give y'all some of my favorite pieces from the sneak peeks on the website and show you the upcoming trends for fall. Get ready to stop, drop and shop on July 21 y'all!

Back to Basics

You cannot go wrong with a basic tee- you can just go very right. Nordstrom's basic styles are adding subtle style changes to make your favorite looks easier to achieve while sticking to hushed rose and neutral tones.

Photo: Southern Curls and Pearls and Jimmy Choos and Tennis Shoes

One trend I'm predicting is dressing up your basic tee. The Lush Raw Edge Side Slit Tee is a favorite for fall. It comes in six colors and is designed to fit a bit "oversized." MY favorite part about this tee is the side slit because I'm a fan of tucking in shirts just ever so slightly in the front but letting the back hang long and the slits of this shirt allowing you to create an effortless tucked in front without all the weird bunched up feeling that sits around your hips as the back hangs.

The separation between the front and back panels really helps you to create this look, and I personally plan on stocking up on these ASAP! The pocket in the front is also a cute detail that sort of adds a nice contrast to the edginess of the raw hems.

Photos: Southern Curls and Pearls (left) and Jimmy Choos and Tennis Shoes (right)

Next up is the BP Pocket Tee. Remember my article about wearing stripes this summer? Well, get ready to take your stripes to fall and winter with this tee that comes in two striped colors and four other solids. This cotton long sleeve is stylish and chic worn on its own paired with jeans, booties, and jewelry but also with a nice jacket or cardigan. I had a tee similar to this one last fall but short sleeved and I wore it all the time with my military jacket (like in the far left picture, distressed skinnies, and booties.

It's my go-to fall outfit. Also, notice that this tee also has a little side slit as well, again, allowing you to create that perfect half-tucked style effortlessly; the shirt does half the work for you! You can easily dress this up by pairing it with a dark-wash or black jean for a night out or with a dark skirt as well. Plus, I think that pairing a dark-washed jean with booties automatically elevates a basic top so be sure to try that out for your next date night or shopping day.

Photo: Jimmy Choos and Tennis Shoes

Finally, we have the BP Thermal Tee which comes in four muted colors. This tee is a great transition piece between fall and winter because it's light-weight enough to catch a little breeze with lighter colors but also a thermal shirt that you can layer with in the winter or pair with a nice blanket scarf. I have an older red thermal tee that I used to love and I wore it with just about anything.

What I like about this tee is that all of the colors it comes in are very neutral and versatile, allowing you to get multiple different outfits out of just one top. Plus the functionality will definitely come in handy for those cold winter walks to class!

Sweaters are Betters

From color-blocked to solid fall shades, the sweaters of the #Nsale have got you covered for fall! Make sure to stock up on sweaters to pair with your favorite basic tops and scarves for those cold days when you just want to live in your cozy neutrals for the next week.

Photos: Southern Curls and Pearls

First up: the Topshop stripe colorblock cardigan and the Topshop patchwork marled cardigan. Both feature neutral colors that pair well with a basic tee and would be super simple to just throw on while you're on your way out the door in the morning to keep you cozy. One thing I'm starting to pick up on is that many of these brands are playing with lines and sharp angled patterns on looser, baggy styles. Keep that in mind as you shop for fall because it definitely seems like a potential trend to me!

Photo: Southern Curls and Pearls

Say hello to your inner flower child with these bell-bottom sleeves. The Topshop lattice back sweater creates a little bit of a vintage vibe while keeping you both cozy and cool with a lace up back. This sweater definitely speaks for itself so I would suggest keeping the rest of the outfit simple like in the photo to really let that the details of the top stand out.

Cream is a great transition color for the fall to winter shift as it evokes the thought of the classic winter-off-white shade that has been a trend in the past. To amp up your impact though, try this top in the yellow color as well and see which color works best with what you already have in your wardrobe.

Photo: Jimmy Choos and Tennis Shoes

Check out the Leith Cardigan which comes in four colors this year. The soft, oversized look will definitely suit you in the winter months when it's chilly out or when you just want to wear a tank top and sweater in the fall.

Again, all the colors that this comes in are nice, muted neutrals that are sure to pair well with just about any fall top and jeans that you already have. My favorite thing about this sweater is that the main body and upper sleeves are oversized but the forearms are fitted. This is definitely a plus when you're trying to do work on your computer or anything really because you won't have those extra long sleeves draping around or getting caught on things.

Photo: Jimmy Choos and Tennis Shoes

The Dreamers Sweater is a perfect oversized sweatshirt-like sweater that pairs really well with blanket scarves and fall colors. The longer back is sure to keep you nice and covered if you choose to wear it with leggings or with those skinny jeans. One thing that I like about this sweater is the inverted seams that kind of frame the front of the panel. The thick, decorative seam helps to break up the monotony of the fabric and also creates a slimming line even for an oversized style.

Photo: Jimmy Choos and Tennis Shoes

Take a look at the Dreamers Cardigan! I just want to put it on and feel how soft it is. This could be your new go-to rainy days sweater because it just evokes that lazy, cozy winter feeling we all love. Personally, I would pair a more colorful bootie or shoe with this top since it's so muted but honestly, this sweater will go with anything in your closet just about.

Shoes and Handbags and Style, Oh My!

Now for the fun part! Because who doesn't love shoes and purses, right? Olive/Military Green along with taupes and beiges are the new fall accessory colors. Check out these pieces that are totally on-trend.

These Vince Camuto booties are sure to stun this fall. The study heel will aid in making that walk around campus a little easier while offering cool cut-outs and unique lines. These neutral shoes are sure to go with any and every fall outfit that you have in store for next season so go ahead and check them out!

The Sam Edelman Camellia tall boots are a must if you do not already have a pair of riding boots! You can wear tall boots in early fall and all through winter. My suite mates and I pulled out our knee-high leather boots once it started to get really windy in the winter time so that we could block out that cold air beating against our legs. These boots are not only functional but also perfect for pairing with any outfit. The neutral color makes them really versatile and easy to match.

A lot of bloggers are obsessed with the Tory Burch Frida leather satchel because it is the perfect size to carry your MacBook in, not to mention its beautiful color combination of pink and gold.

Lastly, let's talk about the Rebecca Minkoff small love nubuck crossbody bag. This bag comes in olive, embroidered and lavender but the olive is my favorite because of its versatility. The size is perfect for a quick trip out where you just need your wallet, phone, and keys and will go with just about any fall outfit you want. I cannot wait to get my hands on this bag!

Thank you all so much for reading about the Nordstrom Sale and about my projected fall trends. Now, get ready to hit the sale soon and start thinking about all your fall outfits before you move back into your dorms. I hope this helped!