My Ode To Biolife

My Ode To Biolife

That donation for quick cash life.
35

It's your hour, please come through.

We stick our needles in you.

Tubes to drain, separate and refill.

Oh, relax, losing plasma can't kill.

Just be still, the pokes don't bite.

Poke you twice? Oh, we just might.

It's not for money, it's for charity!

Noisy kids? Babysitters for clarity!

Come give plasma, won't you please?

Don't forget to roll up your sleeves.

We check for everything, scrapes, bruises and cuts.

No homosexuals, tattoos and no sluts.

You've made it through; questions, and physical!

Your iron levels aren't too... critical.

After the poke, just sit there, pump, pump, pump.

Here's some heparin so you don't clump, clump, clump...

Take back your old blood, we don't want it anymore.

Here's your 20 dollars, just enough to keep you poor.

Come back again for the harvest soon!

You'll leave humming the BioLife tune.

We can't put a price on your sacrifice.

But we can offer a buddy bonus, isn't that nice!

Bring a friend and you'll get more.

Through our clean, plasma thirsty door.

Mess up once? Say the wrong thing?

Go away for 6 months! Our rejection can sting.

Come back again for the harvest now!

Can't you see the positive health we vow?

Draining yourself for money, it's fine!

Now get back to your place in line!

Cover Image Credit: BioLife Plasma Services

17 Empowering Bible Verses For Women

You go, girl.
627152

We all have those days where we let the negative thoughts that we're "not good enough," "not pretty enough" or "not smart enough" invade our minds. It's easy to lose hope in these situations and to feel like it would be easier to just give up. However, the Bible reminds us that these things that we tell ourselves are not true and it gives us the affirmations that we need. Let these verses give you the power and motivation that you're lacking.

1. Proverbs 31:25

"She is clothed with strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future."

2. Psalm 46:5

"God is within her, she will not fall."

3. Luke 1:45

"Blessed is she who believed that the Lord would fulfill His promises to her."

4. Proverbs 31:17

"She is energetic and strong, a hard worker."

5. Psalm 28:7

"The Lord is my strength and my shield."

6. Proverbs 11:16

"A gracious woman gains respect, but ruthless men gain only wealth."

7. Joshua 1:9

"Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

8. Proverbs 31:30

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised."

9. 1 Corinthians 15:10

"By the grace of God, I am what I am."

10. Proverbs 31:26

"When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness."

11. Psalm 139:14

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made."

12. 1 Peter 3:3-4

"Don't be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God."

13. Colossians 2:10

"And in Christ you have been brought to fullness."

14. 2 Timothy 1:7

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline."

15. Jeremiah 29:11

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.'"

16. Exodus 14:14

"The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm."

17. Song of Songs 4:7

"You are altogether beautiful, my darling, beautiful in every way."

Next time you're feeling discouraged or weak, come back to these verses and use them to give you the strength and power that you need to conquer your battles.