My Ode To Biolife

My Ode To Biolife

That donation for quick cash life.
35

It's your hour, please come through.

We stick our needles in you.

Tubes to drain, separate and refill.

Oh, relax, losing plasma can't kill.

Just be still, the pokes don't bite.

Poke you twice? Oh, we just might.

It's not for money, it's for charity!

Noisy kids? Babysitters for clarity!

Come give plasma, won't you please?

Don't forget to roll up your sleeves.

We check for everything, scrapes, bruises and cuts.

No homosexuals, tattoos and no sluts.

You've made it through; questions, and physical!

Your iron levels aren't too... critical.

After the poke, just sit there, pump, pump, pump.

Here's some heparin so you don't clump, clump, clump...

Take back your old blood, we don't want it anymore.

Here's your 20 dollars, just enough to keep you poor.

Come back again for the harvest soon!

You'll leave humming the BioLife tune.

We can't put a price on your sacrifice.

But we can offer a buddy bonus, isn't that nice!

Bring a friend and you'll get more.

Through our clean, plasma thirsty door.

Mess up once? Say the wrong thing?

Go away for 6 months! Our rejection can sting.

Come back again for the harvest now!

Can't you see the positive health we vow?

Draining yourself for money, it's fine!

Now get back to your place in line!

Cover Image Credit: BioLife Plasma Services

A Letter To My Go-To Aunt

Happiness is having the best aunt in the world.
21414

I know I don't say it enough, so let me start off by saying thank you.

You'll never understand how incredibly blessed I am to have you in my life. You'll also never understand how special you are to me and how much I love you.

I can't thank you enough for countless days and nights at your house venting, and never being too busy when I need you. Thank you for the shopping days and always helping me find the best deals on the cutest clothes. For all the appointments I didn't want to go to by myself. Thank you for making two prom days and a graduation party days I could never forget. Thank you for being overprotective when it comes to the men in my life.

Most importantly, thank you for being my support system throughout the numerous highs and lows my life has brought me. Thank you for being honest even when it isn't what I want to hear. Thank you for always keeping my feet on the ground and keeping me sane when I feel like freaking out. Thank you for always supporting whatever dream I choose to chase that day. Thank you for being a second mom. Thank you for bringing me into your family and treating me like one of your own, for making me feel special because you do not have an obligation to spend time with me.

You've been my hero and role model from the time you came into my life. You don't know how to say no when family comes to you for help. You're understanding, kind, fun, full of life and you have the biggest heart. However, you're honest and strong and sometimes a little intimidating. No matter what will always have a special place in my heart.

There is no possible way to ever thank you for every thing you have done for me and will continue to do for me. Thank you for being you.