My Ocean - A Love Poem

My Ocean - A Love Poem

A descriptive poem about two of my loves.

1288
My Ocean - A Love Poem
Florida Reef Club

You are my ocean. I say this, even though I have no claim on you. I wish I did. To call something that is so powerful and breathtaking “mine” is a dream I didn’t know I had. Not until I met you.

Your eyes are what first drew me to you. Like the playful banter of foamy waves, your laughter danced in your eyes. Your eyes, the color of the sea on a stormy day - the storm that is swirling in your soul. The depth of the sea also lies in your eyes. Calm at first glance, lazy even, but with so much life and energy beneath the surface.

Your body is warm, like the sunlit waters of a coral reef, and as much fun to explore. Unexpected delights found in little freckles adorning your body like playful fish on a reef. Scars, big and small, interrupt expanses of skin like fissures on the ocean floor. Your arms encircle me and draw me in, and I am reminded of water that wraps me in a gentle embrace, squeezing tighter the deeper I sink.

Your voice is captivating, drawing me in like a siren call. In all its raw and natural beauty, your talent cannot be outshone. The playful clicks and squeaks of dolphins can be heard in your laughter, infecting others and spreading happiness. Your laid-back demeanor is a magnet in stressful times, drawing people in like the smell of the sea.

Your heart is as big as the sea, in which you keep all your emotions. Some, like playful porpoises and chatty sea otters, you let slip to the surface. Others you hide in the depths for protection, like a rare whale. You guard these precious treasures with your life, showing very few people the depths of your mind. Even fewer people have seen the truth in your soul.

I’ve never been to the ocean, I just read about it in books. I’ve never been your girl, I just fantasize all the time. I’ve dipped my toes in the water, but never jumped in. I can’t see the bottom so I’m afraid of falling. But no matter what, I can’t escape you. I’m caught in the maelstrom of your soul, and that’s right where I want to be.