My Nighttime Skincare Routine As Someone With Combination Skin And Rosacea

Here's what I did to clear my skin!

11

Now as someone that suffers from rosacea and has combination skin I was always really insecure about how red my cheeks got and the little breakouts that followed. I tried a lot of different things but this is what works for me! Everyone's skin is different and test patches are really important if you want to try any of these products. Also, if you're on any medications for your skin make sure to ask your dermatologist before using!

Garnier Micellar Water

This is one of my holy-grail items. It's the perfect product to wipe away any makeup, sunscreen, buildup, and any grime left on your face. It's gentle and didn't irritate my skin at all. I start every night using this first.

Dermalogica Precleanse (sometimes)

I only use this product here and there when I feel like my skin may need a double cleanse. This oil-based pre-cleanse does the perfect job of getting out the day's makeup, sunscreen, and any other buildup that the micellar water didn't get. It really helped with my pores and getting rid of any dullness I had.

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

This cleanser is meant for normal-to-oily skin and as someone with combination, skin this works really well. It deeply cleanses my pores and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry!

The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5

This product helps replenish your skin and provides enhanced surface hydration. I apply only a few drops and apply it around my face. It helps keep it hydrated without making me wake up oily.

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

This serum helps with "congestion and visible sebum activity" according to the website. This does just that. It helped with any buildup I had and reduced it. It also made my face look brighter than before. Again, I apply only a few drops. You don't want to overuse the products and put too much on.

The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG

This product is fantastic for dark circles and undereye bags. It's really cooling and feels really nice. I put a little drop under each eye and pat into the area gently.

CeraVe Moisturizer

Lastly, I put on a bit of this moisturizer in order to lock in and keep my skin hydrated overnight. The moisturizer isn't too thick and doesn't feel oily on my skin.

BONUS: The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

I use this product once a month. It's really strong and works as a peeling exfoliant. It smoothes my skin and helps with textural irregularities and uneven skin tone. It's advised to only keep it on for ten minutes and then to rinse with lukewarm water. You can use it more often than once a month but I prefer using it every month to just keep up with uneven skin tone and fine lines. When I was on medication for a condition over the summer, however, my skin was left with acne scars on my cheeks. I used this every other week and saw improvements.