My Go-To Hair Products For Skipping A Few Washes

Skipping a few washes is one of the best things you can do for your hair.

596

Dry shampoo, how can I thank you?

You've been my go-to since middle school when I first discovered the importance of not washing your hair every day.

Some people think it's gross to skip a few washers, but I think it's grosser to have a head of dull, flakey, split-end filled hair, which often comes from over-washing.

Every time you wash your hair you're stripping it of its natural oils, leaving your hair dryer and more prone to breakage.

Washing your hair too frequently is also horrible for your color and your wallet.

Every time you wash your hair you're washing away the beautiful tones your stylist worked so hard to create, and you worked so hard to afford. The best way to prevent brassiness and preserve your color is to wash less frequently.

Not only are you saving on salon trips by washing less, but you're also using less shampoo and conditioner, saving you money on those products!

Washing and styling your hair every day takes up valuable time that on-the-go college gals just don't have, so here are seven dry shampoos I recommend to save you time and your hair its integrity.

1. Batiste Original Dry Shampoo

The lemon-scented spray absorbs oils at your roots and adds volume leaving your hair feeling clean and refreshed.

2. Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo 

This spray uses natural rice starch and never leaves white residue on your hair so it's perfect for all hair colors.

3. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo

This is the only dry shampoo that actually leaves my hair feeling clean, not just coated, after I use it!

4. Bumble and Bumble Pret-a-powder

This dry shampoo is a power that you can shake or sprinkle onto your roots for instant volume, texture and a refreshed look and feel.

5. Macadamia Professional Style Extend Dry Shampoo

The Macadamia Professional Style Extend Dry Shampoo absorbs oil and buildup to help you keep rocking that style for a few more days. This product is translucent so it easily blends with all hair colors.

6. Keratin Complex Volumizing Dry Shampoo Lift Powder

This is a great product for on-the-go because it's so easy to apply! It has a makeup brush-like applicator that you use to dust across your roots for the perfect amount of product for soaking up all those oils.

7. Monat The CHAMP Conditioning Dry Shampoo

This dry shampoo spray conditions your hair as it absorbs excess oils, providing shine without over-drying.

After all, dirty hair is the easiest to style so skip a few washes and still have killer locks with these tried and true products!

Thanks, dry shampoo, I don't know what I'd do without you.