My Favorite Taylor Swift Songs

My Favorite Taylor Swift Songs

Here are my favorite songs by Taylor Swift!

31
My Favorite Taylor Swift Songs

I had a Taylor Swift phase, and I'm pretty sure most teenage girls had gone through it too. You know, when you would listen to all her songs on YouTube and want to go to one of her concerts. Since then, she has grown a lot as an artist and as a person. She started her music career in country music, and later moved into the pop scene. Admittedly, I was one of those people who preferred her older music, mostly because of the more touchy and story-teling lyrics overtop the acoustic sound of guitars and banjos. Her latest album folklore, however, brought back a nostalgic feeling that I have been wanting to feel for a long time -- and one that I have benefitted from after this chaotic year. In honor of Taylor Swift's newest album release, I decided to list my favorite songs by her, in no particular order! I recommend you listen to all of these songs.

Teardrops On My Guitar

"He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar."

Taylor's lyrics are phenomenal in this song. It feels so personal, especially since she uses the name "Drew" to address the boy in the song. The melody is so serene and matches the story of the song very well. It's a heartbreak song, but more personalized to her experience, and I think the rawness of it makes it so special.

Breathe (ft. Colbie Caillat)

"I can't breathe without you, but I have to."

This song always calms me down when I need a breather. It has a really serene beat and the guitar creates such a peaceful atmosphere. My favorite part of the song is the harmonies; they are absolutely beautiful and I'm a sucker for good harmonies. The song depicts a heartbreak, whether it be from a romantic partner or a platonic friendship.

If This Was A Movie

"But if this was a movie you'd be here by now."

This song begins with beautiful guitar picking that sets the tone of the song -- it's a yearning feeling. The lyrics tell of wanting someone to come back into your life after a falling out. There is some regret, some sadness, and some lack of acceptance that things will not return to what it was before.

Treacherous

"This slope is treacherous, and I like it."

Treacherous is the kind of song you'd listen to when you have conflicting feelings about someone. The first lyrics of the song, "Put your lips close to mine, as long as they don't touch," explain it perfectly. The song paints a situation where you are not sure if you should act on your feelings because of the consequences, whatever they may be. My favorite part of the song is the bridge. It has a change of energy and the buildup to it is perfect.

exile (ft. Bon Iver)

"You were my town, now I'm in exile seeing you out."

When I first heard this song, it was very dark in my room. It transported me into a different world where everything is dark and gloomy, which heavily amplified the lyrics of the song. The song tells of the end of a relationship and how two people are still thinking about what happened, what had led to the end. It depicts the lack of communication of the two ex-lovers extremely well, as Justin Vernon (of Bon Iver) sings, "You never gave a warning sign," while Taylor sings, "I gave so many signs."