My Dog, My Best Friend
Nature Animals

My Dog, My Best Friend

They never say a word, yet they are our very best friends.

289
My Dog, My Best Friend
Personal photo

The life span of the average dog is twelve years. That is only twelve years out of our lives, but it is their whole life. That is why when we go away for an hour or so they are so overjoyed to see us again. For them, it seems like it has been days since they had last seen us. They have never been able to speak to us, but they communicate with us through their actions. Also through their occasional barks, but we don't actually know what that translates.

Dogs can reduce stress, anxiety, depression, and ease loneliness. Scientists have figured out that our furry friends have become accustomed to humans and our behavior and emotions. If you have ever had a dog and been really upset you will notice that they can sense your sadness and be the best ones to cuddle you while you cry, lick your tears, and listen to your sobs without making a sound.

Dogs help encourage physical activity too. They love to play and they can play happily by themselves with their tail, but playing with you is way better than anything else. When my dog gives me her big puppy dog eyes I cannot resist taking her outside to play fetch or go for a run. Even though sometimes I'm not fully happy with going outside, I come back in getting as much enjoyment as she does.

Your dog will love you unconditionally. They are not only your best friend, but you are also theirs. You are the most important person to them and that is why they are in complete awe of you. They don't want to just play outside because it's getting fresh and fun, but because they love you and want to have fun with you.

Of course, having a dog is a big responsibility, but it is so much fun. To have someone to vent to, comfort you, and love you like no other is a great feeling. Having my dogs in my life saved my mental health and I can't thank them enough for being the best fur buds ever. And no matter how many times they poop on your freshly cleaned floor or bring mud, rocks, and sticks into the house, you will love them unconditionally.