To My Special Dad

To My Special Dad

I'll never stop being your best buddy.

8
To My Special Dad
Kaylee Teets

Dear Dad,

No matter what happens, I know that you will always be there to help me, whether it has to do with school or teaching me how to play catch. Honestly, sometimes, I don’t know how you do it. I know that you will always find a way to make an impact on my life, and guide me in the best direction possible.

I can remember when I was little, about 10 years old, you were outside shoveling the driveway at the old Califon house at about 8:00pm to prepare for the next morning because you knew that we were supposed to have a huge snow storm coming our way. You were doing the entire driveway by yourself, and you were only at the beginning of the driveway. So, I got a sweatshirt on, and I’m sure I put a winter jacket on too, some gloves and my boots. I walked out the front door and the snow had piled up on the bottom step of our door and I grabbed a big hunk of snow, made a snowball, and I remember yelling “hey Dad!” and throwing it right at you. Immediately you dropped the shovel and made a snowball yourself out of the snow, and threw it right back at me, giggling. I just remember feeling extremely joyful with something as simple as my dad throwing snowballs with me late at night, probably right at my bedtime, too. You are the most loving and caring Dad that anyone could ever ask for, and I couldn’t be more thankful.

I could go on and on with stories about my dad and me, and I’m sure he could too. We have learned to grow together and create a stronger bond over the years. Although we don’t agree on certain things sometimes, I know that my dad always has my best interest at heart. He was always the one who came to every single softball game, no matter where it was, he always did his best to be there. Since I played outfield, he would sit right behind the fence with his red fold up chair and cheer me on. He wasn’t one of those parents that screamed at the umpires when there was a wrong call, or yell at me after the game if I did something that he thought we had practiced and did wrong, he would just talk to me. That is something I admire about my dad, he never was there to yell at me for my mistakes, but to simply give suggestions and want to help me work on them.

Whether it was being my coach in basketball (having the worst team possible) or being my baseball coach up until 8th-grade, my dad was always my number one fan. I'll never forget the times that we had together, especially the long road trips to Cincinnati to go and watch the Reds games during the summer time. I wouldn’t be where I am today if it weren’t for you, Dad. I most definitely would not be in college in Hawaii if it weren’t for my your support and encouragement to get me here. As a father of 4 children, you have managed to make me feel like a special child, and I know that he’ll always be there for me for whatever I need in life. I love you, Dad! I'll never stop being your best buddy.