11 Songs That Are Currently Getting Me Through Life

This playlist is my everything!

29
John Bhatti

Like most people, I love music and I'm definitely into changing up what I listen to. I usually love upbeat and catchy songs. I like music I can jam and dance around to with my friends, or songs that I can enjoy in the car as well. I tend to gravitate towards songs that make me feel really good and happy. I think slower songs and ballads are great, but they are definitely not my favorite type. Personally, I'm more into upbeat and fast music, and if you are to, then you clicked on the right article! Right now, (especially since it's finals week and time to study) I have a playlist ready to get me through it. I feel like I have a diverse playlist and that I incorporate many different artists, styles and genres into it!

So, here is my current favorite playlist (in no particular order!):

1. "Better with You" by Lenno and the Bee's Knees

I love this because I heard it randomly in a store, I can't remember if it was a Forever 21 or the Gap. This song is so chill and upbeat. I love how it makes me feel like summer, or even winter break, because it makes me feel relaxed and joyful. It makes me think of my best friends because everything is better with them in my life. You have to check this song out if you don't already know it!

2. "My Way" by Calvin Harris

As soon as I heard this song, I felt a connection to it. It made me feel emotional. The music, lyrics, and Calvin's voice all are amazing. The lyrics really made me think of some of my past friendships and situations in my life that I have been through. In a strange way, I felt like it was written just for me. What I also love about this one is that it's still upbeat enough that you can dance to it.

3. "Side to Side" by Ariana Grande featuring Nicki Minaj

I love this song because it's fun and the vibes are different. It has quite a Hip-Hop feel to it! In my opinion, Nicki Minaj's part is the best, and my friends and I always rap along to it and have so much fun listening to it. The song is really good overall and it's definitely something you can jam to.

4. "International Smile" by Katy Perry

What I love most about this song is how perfect it is. It's catchy, fun, and upbeat. It has different sounds incorporated into in, and it's definitely a song you can dance and jam to you in your car. The song is amazing and I can listen to it on repeat for hours!

5. "Good time, Good life" by Erin Bowman

I love this song because Erin Bowman's voice sounds super dope and it's so sassy and upbeat. The song is so much fun and as soon as you listen to it, you can't help but get into it. It has such a cool sound to it, the lyrics are great, and I love the celebratory vibes.

6. "24K Magic" by Bruno Mars

This is definitely my holiday song. It's so much fun it instantly makes you feel good and like you just want to dance. It really is amazing! I absolutely love Disco and this song has that cool throwback-feel to it. It's an overall amazing record.

7. "Sorry" by Justin Bieber

This song definitely made me a fan of Justin Bieber. It has a different feel to it than what I'm used to. But nevertheless, it makes me want to dance and party! The lyrics are also really emotional and deep, but you can still feel good when you give it a listen, and not to mention, it makes you move!

8. "One dance" by Drake featuring Kyla & Wizkid

This song has been my jam since the summertime. It's so amazing because it mixes a few different sounds and vibes. The lyrics are awesome and it's such a chill and laid back song. It's a great song to just hang out and relax to!

9. "Starving" by Hailee Steinfeld and Gray featuring Zedd

This is amazing because it incorporates a lot of cool sounds together. But above all, the lyrics touched me and made me feel emotional. I know it's probably about a romantic relationship, but to me, it made me think of my own life and friends. One line goes: "something inside me's changed," and I feel like this can apply to me because durning my journey through college over the last three years, I have changed and I've become happy in my life. Another lyric that touched me was "I didn't know that I was starving till I tasted you." This can be interpreted in a lot of ways, but it made think about how I didn't know happiness until I started my new life and began living again. What I once thought was happiness wasn't even real. My life now is what I always wanted it to be. So I can relate to those lyrics, because I didn't understand joy and happiness until now. This is a beautiful song and I love listening to it.

10. "Telepathy" by Christina Aguilera

One word: amazing! Christina's voice is so powerful, as usual! I love the lyrics and how incredible she sounds when she sings. The retro-disco feel is on-point, and this song will make you feel great when you listen to it!

11. "Cool Girl" by Tove Lo

I love this song because it's super catchy and Tove Lo's voice sounds really good. This song is chill and great to listen to in the car. When my friends and I hear it, we love to just start singing along because of how upbeat and feel-good it is!