My Current Music Obsession

Whenever our favorite artist releases a new album, we tend to be excited and wait for some singles to listen and see if it's good or different. If we enjoy it then chances are, we constantly replay that one song on repeat. We continue this until the album drops and eventually, we also repeat the album. I am no stranger to this and these are the albums that I still put on repeat.

1) Marmozets- Knowing What You Know Now (2018)

Marmozets are a math rock band that I've been following ever since I've heard their 2014 debut album "The Weird and Wonderful Marmozets" back in 2016, I was immediately was blown away and became an instant fan. So, they recently released their second album titled "Knowing What You Know Now" earlier this year in January. This album when compared to their previous album, is different as their first album was more raw and heavy. Despite this, the second album is amazing as I loved every song with "Insomnia", "Major System Error" and "Lost In Translation" being my favorites from the album. The album is polished, catchy and still has that Marmozets style that, makes them unique and different. If you ever want to see them live, then I suggest you should as they have a great stage presence, especially Becca, who is the lead singer, she shows a tremendous amount of energy and excitement that can get you to be energetic.

2) Myrkur- Mareridt (2017)

I admire Myrkur, she is an amazing artist that does what she loves, despite the constant undeserved hate she gets from ignorant fans. Myrkur is a one-woman Black Metal project formed by Amalie Brunn. She released her debut album "M" in 2015 which I loved and got me to be a fan of her. Her recent album released last year in 2017. I was interested and excited about it when she dropped her single "Måneblôt" I was excited and I wasn't disappointed when I heard the album. What makes Myrkur unique is her ability and style to incorporate folk songs, and to make it dark and add an atmospheric tone to it. She is a unique artist within the black metal genre.

3) Secrets- Secrets (2018)

Secrets are a Post-hardcore band from San Diego, formed in 2010 and released their debut album "The Ascent" in 2012. Secrets are their fourth studio album and when I listened to it, it was a step up and significantly better than their third album "Everything That Got Us here" which wasn't my favorite album from them but, everyone has their opinions. I enjoyed this album so far, and it's really a good solid album that fans of post-hardcore would love. I especially enjoyed their cover of "The Shape of You" which they released as a single for this album.

Listening to some of the coolest and newest songs can get us hooked if we enjoy it. One of those side effects is constantly listening to an album or song on repeat because why not? It shows how much we enjoy it, and how much we support it and the artist.