To My Guy Best Friend, You Are Literally Everything To Me

I don't give you enough credit for putting up with my antics.

5729

Dear Trevor,

A year ago at this time, we were bonding over student debt, contemplating if $70k a year was worth it and here we are at the end of our first semester, still just as much of a mess. From the very first text scramble and drunk 1 a.m. call, I knew we had a long, long friendship ahead of us.

You are the most dependable person I know.

It can be 3 p.m. or 3 a.m., but regardless you always pick up the phone. I can be mid-crisis over some boy or having a really bad day and you, without a doubt, will always come to my rescue.

When I feel as though the entire world is falling apart around me, you're the first one to help me pick up the pieces. When I need a good laugh after a long day, you're always there with an Ariana quote and some story from your weekend. When all I want is a Jersey bagel and quick ride down the Garden State Parkway, you completely understand the feeling.

I confide in you some of my deepest thoughts and my biggest fears and never for a minute have you ever judged me. You have so much love in your heart for the people in your life and I am so grateful that I am one of them.

Our weekly Chipotle dates will always be my favorite time of the week.

I'm not sure when this little tradition of ours started, but I'm all for it.

Even with no money in the bank, we still manage to stop at Chipotle every single Monday after our Psych lecture and catch up on our lives. We act as though we haven't seen each other in years, but sometimes the weekend is so crazy we have stories that seem as though a year has passed.

I take any opportunity to go to Chipotle, but I honestly love our little Monday dates because they're filled with ridiculous moments and more Trevor quotes to add to my collection. I don't know what I'm going to do next semester when we don't have a class together and we can't force each other to go.

No one loves Ariana Grande the way we do.

Every time Ariana is about to drop a new music video or a new album, I anticipate a text from you.

One of my favorite memories is when you came to my room before a party and instead of pre-gaming with friends, we watched every single Ariana music video and jammed out up until it was time to leave. It was that night where I realized that I didn't need a huge group of friends to make me feel happy, sometimes all it takes is that one person.

Every road trip we take, every study session we have, Ariana is always blasting. March 18th is not ready for us when we finally get to see the love of our lives in concert.

You're one of the strongest people I know and I will always, always be there for you.

In all the times you have watched me cry and comforted me on a rainy day, I hope you know that I will always do the same for you.

The past year has brought about many changes in your life, both with college and your family, and I know the constant burden it has on your mind. We talk about it in bits and pieces, but I know how hard it is to formulate the right words to explain what's going on. Nonetheless, you wake up every single morning, throw a smile on your face and make the best of every day.

I admire the strength you have in facing every situation and how the world never seems to never knock you down. You inspire me in the way that you never remain bitter toward the people who have hurt you, but instead become the bigger person.

I wish I could handle every awful situation with grace the way you do. Never change who you are, not for anyone.

We argue like assholes, but I love you with all my heart.

Nothing beats us yelling at each other in the middle of the bookstore and having some random lady laugh at us.

We bicker 90% of the time we're together, but I realized that it's impossible for me to ever be genuinely mad at you. You can call me out on toxic behavior or when you realize I'm self-sabotaging. You are always looking out for my well-being and point out when I'm just being an idiot. Not many people have the ability to do this as I get mad anytime people like to judge my life, but you, you Trevor, somehow have the ability to verbally smack me across the face and keep me on track.

I can't believe we spent our entire lives living 30 minutes apart and just now did we find each other. Despite my occasional hatred toward our school, I am so incredibly blessed that it allowed us to meet each other.

Here's to more carpool karaoke, dancing on washing machines, funny Snapchat memories, Chipotle dates, and bullshitting in Bird Library. I can't wait to fuck the club up with you for another four years and many years to come after that.

Love you always,

Sharon