My Best Friend Became My Sister

My Best Friend Became My Sister

I have gained someone I love very much and is not a part of my crazy family.

83
My Best Friend Became My Sister
Twitter

Throughout my life, I never really had a girl friend that I got really close too.

Honestly, I never really had any friends to begin with. I was hoping that all of that would change when I got to college. However, my freshman year was not any different than high school.

I spent most of my days and nights by myself. However, the start of my sophomore year changed my life for the better.

When I finalized my fall schedule, this random blond girl came up to me and freaked out because we had biology together. Take note that I had absolutely no idea who this girl was, but soon I would know. This girl became my best friend.

Soon we were joined at the hip and spent every day together doing something, it did not matter what we were doing.

We got so close that over Christmas break, we freaked out because we did not see each other for about three weeks. Let's just say it was horrible.

Even though Rachel and I do not have any classes together this spring, we still spend every week day together. Every lunch and dinner and then out and about we are together.

It did not take long to realize that this girl is not my best friend....she is my sister; my non-biological sister who I love so much. She has turned my life upside in the best ways. Just like any sister out there, she's there whenever I need her, whether it's for a laugh or a shoulder to cry on.

No matter what life throws at me, I know I will be fine because I have her. It is a special thing when a friend turns into a part of your family.

Thanks to Rachel, I am no longer afraid to come out of my shell and be myself.

P.S. Thank you Rachel I love you to pieces.