An Open Letter To My Little Sister

An Open Letter To My Little Sister

I miss you.

6
An Open Letter To My Little Sister

To My Little Sister,

Hi. I miss you. I miss running around the house trying to get the cats to chase us. I miss going to get ice cream and singing horribly to the radio. I miss getting annoyed with you when you would use that one voice that I still think is super creepy. I miss sitting on the couch all day on Sunday watching the Hallmark channel and trying not to cry because we know there’s a happy ending. I miss going to your soccer games and having a mini-heart attack every time the other teams shoots on you. I miss trying to convince dad to let us have ice cream for the third time that day. I miss people telling us we look identical. I miss you.

And I’m sorry that I have to move three states away right when you are going into middle school and then the even scarier high school. I’m sorry that I don’t text you every day like I promised. And every time I hear about something dramatic that happens at school my heart hurts because I’m not there for you. We both know we can just pick up the phone and the other will answer, but that seems so much harder than walking down the hall and opening a door.

But I hope that I’m doing okay as a sister. I hope that you know you can always tell me anything. I hope that you know I love you more than anything and I am so proud of the amazing person that you’ve become.

You know the saying; “We may fight but I’d fight the world for you”? Well, it’s true. I will fight to be the best sister I can be.

~Your Big Sister