The existence of anything proves the existence of God

My Argument For Happiness: Part 3

Deviance from logic.

166
https://www.maxpixel.net/Alone-Woman-Sand-Adventure-Desert-People-Travel-2591939

So far, my argument for happiness has circled around the idea of objectivity, specifically the idea that something can exist apart from the person. I've reached this conclusion through the analogy of the falling tree, along with the ideas concerning sign and signal. In this article, I'm going to connect these ideas to God and Jesus!

We've established the idea of an objectivity existing, so, why does that matter? If there is an objectivity, for example, the communicative property in the Maths, then we must wonder, where did that law come from? People? The mathematical law was discovered, not created, by mathematicians. People are good at observing and making a hypothesis, theories, and laws based off of those observations. But that is not the same as creating those things.

Perhaps those laws, the natural world and the natural order of things have always existed. I think that this is the idea that's popular with the secular world, but I feel like it's held together through inconsistencies. The logic follows that everything came from a singular point; there was, or is, a singular speck containing everything in time and space, and so was everything in time and space. Certain people who might try to use empirical science might say that the singularity is not the very beginning, but I don't think they can use empirical evidence to describe what's outside the singularity. Everything we think we know about this points to the singularity, but not beyond it.

I think a good example of this is Plato's cave. Imagine a small group of imprisoned men inside a cave. They're chained in such a way where they can't move their bodies or even turn their heads to look around the cave, so they're fixed to look on a wall. Behind the prisoner is a fire, and other people, the wardens, walk in and out of the cave between the prisoners and the fire, so the people can see the shadows of the people and any objects that enter the cave. The prisoners are also able to talk to each other. Since the objects are the only thing they see, that's all the can talk about. Their entire discourse would be centered around the shadows they see.

There's a bit more to the analogy of the cave that continues to describe human ignorance, but I think the big idea here is the idea that we can't know beyond what we can observe. So, looking back at the singularity, we're left with the question as before: where did the objective laws, the natural world, the singularity come from?

The answer I believe in is God, and for this reason: the Bible told me so… and it makes sense! First, I'd like to use sense to lead us to certain answers in the Bible, then actually quote the verses I think are pretty relevant.

Building off what we've gathered so far, we have the singularity--everything we have and know about wrapped up into a single thing. The question was, where did that thing come from? The answer is God. The issue we have here is the same as before, where did God come from? The answer is… no. The question is loaded, it assumes that God came from somewhere, when God simply is.

At this point, I have to admit, I'm deviating from what we know as logic, because logic also follows the laws of the natural, and therefore must have a beginning. So, God is outside of our world, outside of time and outside of Logic. If he is outside of logic, because He's the creator of logic, then God's existence should be self-fulfilling, like circular reasoning. So, God, the identity of God, should take the form of some circular reasoning. And this is exactly what we have in the Bible.

Exodus 3:13, "Then Moses said to God, 'Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?' God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM…'"

I AM WHO I AM. Isn't this the description we need to fulfill the identity of the Creator of everything? It's a circular statement, the conclusion is based off of its preposition. A sermon by John Piper listed seven implications this name has: 1. God exists. 2. No reality exists behind God. 3. God does not change. 4. God is an inexhaustible source of energy. 5. Objectivity is crucial. 6. We must conform to God, not He to us. And 7. This God has drawn near to us through Jesus Christ.

The linked article goes deeper into each point, along with ideas and significance surrounding names. But I think the main points have been covered here! This is just a brief look into the rationale of Christianity, but it is in no way the totality of the rationale, nor is it even that great of an explanation. My goal is to help open a perspective you might have dismissed immediately because of some bad experience, or what you might think was just unscientific. I hope I demonstrated how God is more than what we can understand, literally.