Apple's Business Plan

My Apple Inc. conspiracy theory

How do my devices automatically stop working right at the two year mark?

69
My Apple Inc. conspiracy theory
Photo by Jessy Smith on Unsplash

We know that everything is just a business tactic. That's how these things work— colleges are a business, Apple is a business. It now only makes sense that they make their products run on their business mindset and have them follow their own guidelines. We deserve products that work, and we get used to products that work so when they don't, Apple already has us hooked, and we have to go back to get another product that we're so used to working. This is why I think Apple is low-key sabotaging our devices right as they release a new upgraded product.

Maybe it's just me, maybe Apple products really do only last around two years (for iPhones) let's say. However, I don't think its just me. For some reason, each time Apple comes out with a new iPhone, I start noticing mine start to crap out. This always happens just around the two-year mark of me having my phone. It's confusing because I am not one of those people that isn't careful with their things. In reality, I am very careful and do nothing to my phone to make it act the way that it does out of the blue.

I came across this theory, also, because everyone in my family seems to have the same issues when their devices begin to approach the two-year mark.

Computers are a little different story, besides the fact that they're only supposed to last 3-5 years in normal everyday life, the minute I brought my two-year-old computer to college, it started acting weird and overheating and getting all sorts of viruses. College and being on our computers 24/7 definitely does a number to them and makes them die a lot quicker than if we were just casually browsing the internet every so often.

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks Apple is behind all of our devices crashing, but it really does make sense from a business perspective if you think about it.

CNN just informed me yesterday that Apple just reached 1 trillion dollars in stocks. It's the first company to ever do that, with Amazon not too far behind. Now, for something that impressive, they aren't making their devices last for 10 years. If computers and phones and our smartwatches lasted for this long we would only be on maybe our second phone or second computer from when Apple first came out with their line of products. Instead, I'm on my 4th phone and almost 3rd laptop. That's exactly how they made it to the 1 trillion mark.

I'm not saying that I blame Apple for doing this, but it does suck when that two-year mark is quickly approaching just as fast as all of your other expenses and you just know you're going to have to upgrade your phone soon. Apple for sure has their business down to a science and clearly know how to keep the customer coming back for more.

Because no matter how annoying it may be to keep going back and upgrading your devices, you just know you're going to do it anyway.