My Anti-Bucket List

My Anti-Bucket List

It's not your typical busket list.

176
My Anti-Bucket List
Karen Green

The concept of a “bucket list” is very well known and used. Some people have specialized bucket lists, not like the traditional list of things to do before death. There are summer bucket lists; a list of things they want to do before summer ends. I’ve heard of senior bucket lists; a list of things to accomplish by the end of senior year of high school or college. There are many different types of bucket lists people can have.

Personally, I don't have a bucket list. I have an anti-bucket list The anti-bucket list is the complete opposite of the traditional bucket list. The anti-bucket list is a list of things you never want to do before you die. My anti-bucket list consists of things that scare me or things that I have no interest in doing, whether it would be the first time doing it or not.

I'm not the first person to make an anti-bucket list. In fact, many people have one. Of course, everyone's anti-bucket list is different, just like everyone's bucket list would be different. There are a few things on my anti-bucket list that are on someone's traditional bucket list. It all depends on the person. So without further ado, here is my anti-bucket list.

1. I never want to do anything that involves jumping or falling from something. (Skydiving, bungee jumping, etc.)

My fear of heights prevents me from doing anything like that.

2. I never want to go to a circus.

Although I'm down for popcorn and cotton candy, I'm terrified of clowns, so it wouldn't be a good environment for me.

3. I never want to go ice fishing.

As a Florida native, I have not adapted to the cold. I surely do not want to sit around and it waiting for fish. I prefer to do my fishing in the heat and sunshine of Florida where I can get a nice tan.

4. I never want to live anywhere that it snows.

Again, I'm not good with the cold and I have no idea how to drive in snow.

5. I never want to go to Dulles Airport in Washington, D.C. ever again.

I've already spent more time there than I care to, but that's a story for another day.

6. I never want to climb a large mountain.

You know the ones that take forever to get it to the top of, and are really snowy? It's not my thing.

7. I never want to knowingly swim with something that could kill me.

Yes, I swim in the ocean so I'm sure there are sharks around me, but I don't know they are there. I also swim in lakes so I know there are alligators there, but I don't know they are there either. But I will never voluntarily participate in a swim with sharks program, whether I'm in the safety of a cage or not.

8. I never want to own a bird, other than a chicken or reptile of any kind.

I don't trust birds. As far as reptiles go, I'm scared of snakes and I am only kind of OK with all the others. Plus, you can't cuddle with the bird or reptile.

9. I never want to be a politician.

I don't like the topic of politics in general.

10. I never want to eat a bug of any kind purposefully.

Bugs don't bother me usually, but I would never purposefully put one in my mouth to eat. There are better ways for me to get protein in my diet.

11. I never want to cheer for the Florida State Seminoles.

Go Gators!

If you had an anti-bucket list, then leave a comment below letting me know what would be on it.