My Top 5 Pieces Of Advice For All College Freshman

Here are some things I wish I knew as a college freshman!

7
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/793759503052967812/

College is what you make it and if you want a good experience you have to be willing to put in the effort. Here are just a few ways to make it a great first year of college!

1. Bond with your roommate

Having a good relationship with your roommate is really beneficial. Of course there are people who don't get along with their roommate and they still manage to have a good time, but it can be really stressful. It's also nice to have someone to vent to. Being away from home isn't always easy and having that support system is really nice.

2. Make new friends

College is not only about studying, but also about having fun and that's what friends are for! It's a lot easier in college too when you can you meet the people in your classes and study together.

3. Get involved on campus

Getting involved on campus is so important. Not only will it look good on your resume, but it's also a lot of fun. Also it doesn't have to be a sorority or fraternity either. There are many different clubs and activities at each university that provide you with something to do that isn't just studying or partying haha.

4. Work hard

Working hard is very important. After all, that's the entire reason you're at college is to study hard and get a degree. You should want to succeed and not just pass the classes you're taking. doing well in your classes will also seem more possible once you start taking your major classes because you'll be much more interested in what you're learning therefore you'll get better grades.

5. Call your parents often

You may be enjoying your freedom, but your parents love and miss you. You should call them at least once a week if not more. They want to be a part of your college experience and you should want to be a part of it as well. Just give them a ring to let them know you care! If you don't I promise you'll regret it.

I hope you learned at least one new thing you can do to make your freshman year the best year. There are many other things you can do, but these are five I think are very important and beneficial. I also feel these are the ones I have the most experience with and have worked for me. Have a great year!