My 2021 Book List

My 2021 Book List

Hey, you're never too old for fiction novels!

32
My 2021 Book List

Circe by Madeline Miller

I am just over halfway finished with this book and I am dying to write a review for it. I've always been a fan of greek mythology, and this has been a highly anticipated read of mine that I just never made time to dive into. What a mistake that was, as this book is full of adventure, emotion, and the power of a woman, specifically following the daughter of the sun.

Tim Burton by Ron Magliozzi

I am not shy to the truth of me being a major Tim Burton fan. I have already read his biography, however, reading more into his artwork from an outside point of view is not above me either. Tim Burton is without a doubt, a mastermind and a power creative.

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

I take most of my future book inspo from social media or directly from friends. This novel about show business has got to take the cake of the most highly spoken about book this month. I'm excited to hop on board!

The Midnight Library by Matt Haig

This book has been circulating around every bookstagram that I follow. I love a good fictional book that quite literally takes you to a different dimension while reading. The best novels are the page turners that won't let you put the book down until it's finished.

Quiet; The Power of Introverts In A World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain

Being the biggest introvert of all time, living in such a noisy city that is New York, I figured a book that spoke directly about those living in a city that's a big out of our element in some ways would be a very relatable read.

Writers and Lovers by Lily King

Being an English literature major, the trials and tribulations that are tied with the writer's lifestyle isn't new to me, so I am excited to dive into a read that is so relatable to me in all of its glory...and pain.

Anxious People by Fredrik Backman

This book focuses on friendship and hope during difficult times, which I figured was very relative to the way life is today in a pandemic. Perhaps this novel doesn't specifically talk about pandemics, but I find it fun to pick out similarities in the lens of a bigger picture.

What Happened Miss Simone? by Alan Light

Nina Simone is a musical luminary. She has lit the way for many artists and took music history in a different path. I've watched my fair share of movies, and interviews, but books always give me just the right amount of knowledge on people that I like.

Mary Shelley's Monster: The Story of Frankenstein by Martin Troop

Halloween is my favorite holiday. This year for my book list, I tried to give myself a good variety of books when it comes to seasonality. Frankenstein is a classic! But how exactly did Mary Shelley think this monster up?

Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

Standing by my previous statement, there is a time for adding in spookier books to your library. Mexican Gothic is an award winning novel focusing on the main characters newly-wed cousin who claims her husband is trying to...murder her!?

In Five Years by Rebecca Serle

Don't pick at me… I do enjoy a good romance novel here and there. Don't we all though? In a similar vein, I think it is also safe to say that we all think about where we will be in five years. Which is what this novel focuses on, however, how many of us actually get the chance to time travel to the future and actually get the answer? Or change it.