10 Reasons To Adopt A Mutt
Education

10 Things Any Girl Who Grew Up With A Pure MUTT Knows Better Than Themselves

I know the exact time my dog eats dinner while I don't even know what I want for dinner!

284
Personal Image

Since the day I was born, I grew up in a home where there was always a dog. All of the dogs we've had were mutts (mixed dogs) because we are a family that adopts. Over the past 22 years there are some things I've learned about mutts that I know better than I may even know myself. If you have a mutt, too, you may very well knows these things too!

1. They are all unique.

No two mutts will ever be the same and that's what makes them unique! I'm sorry but if you put a bunch of golden retrievers in a yard together I would not be able to tell the difference. I love my mutts because they all have a unique outside just like their personalities.

2. They are less likely to be judged.

You hear of landlords or certain establishments banning pitbulls, rottweilers, and wolfdogs all the time. With a mutt there is no need to fear! Everyone is accepting to mutts because they don't fit breed stereotypes.

3. They have their quirks.

For our dog Shelby, when she would want to go outside in the middle of the night she would wait until you rolled onto your back and then she would jump onto your chest and grumble until you woke up. For our dog Grace, she always has a hair lip whether it be on one side or both. And for our dog Mckenzie, her left ear always bends into the funniest of positions. Every mutt has the most adorable and unique quirks.

4. They constantly surprise you.

With mutts you may know what breeds they are comprised of, but you will never know what breed features will be more prominent or even what breed personality tendencies they'll have. Sometimes they tend to change over the weeks or even years! They are always surprising you whether it be through their physical appearance or personalities.

5. They make you laugh.

Mutts are always doing something that will make you laugh so hard. My dog, Mckenzie, always makes us laugh because she has to be a princess and put her head on a pillow when she lays down.

6. They put up with your silly ideas.

Whether you want to take cute pictures of them or even put clothes on them, they'll just go along with it happily (most times). They love you and know you love them so they're willing to put up with any silly idea you have!

7. They love schedules.

Mutts love to get up at the same time every day, eat at the same time every day, go to the bathroom the same time every day, and go to bed the same time every day. We think they do nothing all day, but reality is, they are better at creating schedules than we are! They love to create a schedule and stick to it.

8. They are good at entertaining themselves.

Whether it's plopping down on their back and acting silly or randomly sprinting up and down the stairs, mutts always seem to easily entertain themselves. They truly are unique in the way they entertain themselves too.

9. They get along with just about everyone.

Mutts tend to get along with all types of animals and humans! A lot of mutts come from shelters so they are used to sharing their space with other dogs, but no matter where you take them, they'll always be eager to meet new people and animals!

10. They have the biggest hearts.

When you bring a mutt into your home it will be changed forever. They will leave the biggest impact in your family and will have the biggest heart. They know when something is wrong, and there know when you're happy. They're always there for you and live their entire life being your best friend.