5 Must-Have Decorations Every Boring College Dorm Needs

5 Must-Have Decorations Every College Student Needs To Spice Up Your Boring Dorm Room

Need some inspiration for your new room? This might help.

260
dorm room with butterfly chair and grey blankets

We all know that dorm rooms can be pretty bland. Colleges don't often make dorm rooms the most interesting thing in the world. Students live there, that's it. Not much else to it, it's mainly a blank canvas.

As long as you're following the guidelines for room decorations for the hall, you can be as creative as you want. Some of us are back at school already, some of has have yet to get back on campus, but all of us want our rooms to feel more like home and less like a place to stay.

Here are five simple decorations that can turn your dorm from a boring room into your own palace, your way.

1. LED lights

@dream.dorms

These are really popular among high school and college students right now. Also known as "TikTok Lights", these are a cool addition to any space and can create different moods at the push of a button.

2. Posters

@dream.dorms

Need something to fill empty space on a wall? Posters can be the perfect remedy for that issue. Just like being a kid again, your favorite bands, teams, movies, cars, etc. can fill your wall and remind you who you are.

3. Succulents

@dream.dorms

For people who want the aesthetic of plants in their room, but don't want to have to water them often. These are low maintenance and usually pretty small.

Get a few and put them on your windowsill, and they for sure will add some life to your space.

4. Lava Lamp

@lifesorandom

A classic. Who doesn't love a good lava lamp? These add a pop of color to any area they're added to and could be the perfect addition to your dresser.

5. Oversized stuffed animal(s)

@dream.dorms

These can double as furniture and a centerpiece for a dorm room. Put one in the right spot and you can trust that it will add a new, fun dimension to your room that you might not have had before.

During such a time where we can't go out as often, I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we need our rooms to be fun and to suit us. Hopefully, these things can help you to reach that goal.

Odyssey may earn a portion of purchases made via links on this page.