22 Thoughts Musicians Have While Writing A Song

The inside scoop from a non-professional.

287

There are no limits to the process of writing a song. It could take 10 minutes, 10 hours, or 10 days. Sometimes it's just a feeling and pours out...other times, not so much. It's tough to put feelings into words...but, there are definitely shared thoughts amongst all musicians while writing a song.

Writing a song...WARNING: May cause complete lack of thought, too much thought, headaches, heartbreak, questioning of yourself as an individual, a need for a muse, humiliation, and possibly maybe some gratification in the end.

1. The song is either too easy to write or too difficult.

2. You get a tune in your head, and look dumb while humming trying to make it reality.

3. You wonder if your music is even “song material," compared to everything else in the world.

4. Screw that.

5. You find THE LYRICS…

6. Too bad those are only 3-5 lines.

7. You sing the only composed lyrics repeatedly until it is engraved in your mind and still nothing else comes.

8. Then you might go to Rhyme Zone because words just don't make sense.

9. You break down the English vocabulary into several different individual syllables and words.

10. Then you try to record for yourself, what you already have…

11. And then it sounds off.

12. Back to the drawing board.

13. Okay, you fixed it.

14. Now re-record and it's not bad...

15. But you still have to write the rest of the song and you hope that by the next day after it's all written that you can still remember each and every note the exact way you sang it (the point of recording).

16. Then you have to listen to it in order to remember how you did it and where your mistakes were.

17. ALSO, NOT kidding when I say that people will judge you for listening to something you created. PLEASE GET OUT.

18. Moving on.

19. After some time, you compose the entire thing and play it non-stop for yourself and possibly for others.

20. The END.

21. PS: You might hate it later, and it never see the light of day again.

22. THE END OF THE END.