Mrs. Parker

Mrs. Parker

A Women I Was Lucky To Know

71
Mrs. Parker
Youtube

In London I met an elderly lady who was staying in my hostel. Her name was Mrs. Parker, I do not know her age, but I was lead to believe that she is from London. However, she seemed like many of the elderly people staying at my hostel to be living there, two weeks at a time. She carried a single bag cart with her and every night she would take everything out and replace it back where it was. Every morning I would awake to her fully ready to tell me a new chapter of her life. I learned of her family, her Easter, the time she spent in Amsterdam and most importantly how sick she is. Besides her old age Mrs. Parker has a skin disease and memory loss from hitting her head constantly. Although, no matter what else she forgot she would make sure that I was in bed before she slept. Each morning I would wake ready to hear a new story and when her story was done she would ask what the day brought for me. One night it being super late that I arrived back at my hostel she was still awake. It was two in the morning she was laying in bed and once I arrived she pulled me closer and said she was worried about me. I realized how very thankful that I was able to meet Mrs. Parker on my trip. I am thankful that she was worried about me even though I was not her responsibility. When I left the hostel I wrote a note to Mrs. Parker giving her my contact information and thanking her for her kindness and support. Later that night I returned to the hostel after my hotel did not work out. When I saw her in the lobby I ran over and said hello, with the biggest smile on my face. My heart broke when I realised she had no idea who I was. Mrs. Parker was someone that I was lucky to meet. She was one of the first people that I ever opened up to in London and she gave me hope of what my solo traveling trip would be like. Her kindness is not something I would expect from a stranger, she surprised me is a way that I will hold on to forever.