Mr. Universe

Mr. Universe

How did the cosmos become aware of their own existence?

65
Mr. Universe
walldevil

Being alive is a lot like being shaken around, flung upside down, inside out, pulled this way or that, left, right, up, down; there is no end point of this madness. We are living a life of choices, and each decision we make is lead by a desire to experience what we want. We are an anomaly of the cosmos, being that we are consciously able to make our own decisions. Even though our energies align with and are of the cosmos fully, we possess the capability to focus this energy into purposeful activity.

Break this thought down with me for a second: We are just as much apart of the cosmos, as the cosmos are a part of us. Put simply, we are not within the universe, and the universe is not within us; we are the universe itself. Let me elaborate on this further.

From the beginning of time, all matter that ever was, is now and can be, had been created in an instant; a flash of less than a second and boom, reality. The building blocks for matter were created from this cosmic soup of electrons and atomic nuclei and it wasn't until around 380,000 years after the Big Bang when the universe finally cooled enough for atoms to form. Photons were no longer in thermal equilibrium with matter and the universe first became transparent at this time.

Shortly after this time period, the building blocks of stars made primarily of hydrogen were formed, and light became vastly more abundantthroughout the universe. As the ages went on, stars lived there lives through a process of nuclear fusion ultimately combining and creating heavier and heavier elements. These elements became the building blocks for complex matter and life as stars violently eject their contents into space through supernova explosions. Literally, every element which makes up the earth beneath our feet, the plants which feed our needs and our bodies themselves were made possible because of the death of a star. How amazing it is to be a child of the stars!

The Earth is one big living ecosystem, which relies on all parts to contribute to the greater whole. Each life form regardless of its size or shape, contributes a role to the survival of the planet. No role is too small or overlooked, each one a building block to the spiral climb of evolution. In looking at the earth as a community, it is easy for one to realize that there is really only one living entity. Yes, the ecosystem is made of individual organisms, and the higher up one goes in the food change, the more intelligently complex each organism gets. As humans, we have reached a state of awareness in which we consciously live our lives the way we want to. We are goal oriented organisms, we hold the capability to plan ahead, think of multiple futures and react accordingly. We have developed personalities and languages through which we communicate our own messages. We play pretend and walk around as if the constructed reality of our imaginary world makes us any different than the organisms around us. This is the tip of our delusion from which we have been programmed to feel separate from the communal whole which surrounds us. We place ourselves atop the mountain, looking down on the world below us, not realizing that the world below us, is what's holding us up in the first place.

The mountain below us would not be made possible if it weren't for the cosmic garden which surrounds us. The human body over millions of years evolved from the earth, taking shape and form into what is now the human experience. What seems so eye opening and mind blowing to me is that the building blocks of life and physical reality were all created in split seconds after the Big Bang. As we consider this idea, it seems clear that matter which we are undoubtedly made of points to the idea of a universe which is having a human experience for a short while.

Are we really human after all, or are we clumped together cosmos floating through the cosmos? An even larger question to consider is through the evolution of a cosmic existence, how and when did the universe become concisely aware of its own existence? Did the universe know it was even around before the creation of life on planets such as Earth? These are questions which have been pondered for thousands of years by minds greater than most, and the answer is no closer to being revealed than it was before.

In conclusion, from the perspective of the cosmos, although we do not yet know the answers to the questions we seek, it would seem as though we have an eternity to find them. We are here and now for no other reason than what seems to be an expression of the universe of what is, can and will become an all expressive infinite reality.