Moving On Is Essential For Survival

Moving On Is Essential For Survival

You must forgive and you must find peace.

127
Moving On Is Essential For Survival

We all have super hard times. Loss of a loved one, a break-up or divorce, a parting-of-ways between two good friends -- all are painful and hard to bear. You may cry every day for a week. You may hate yourself, or the other person, for awhile.

But what I've learned in my own life, and many people know to be true, is that you must make peace with the situation before you can make peace with yourself. You must move on.

Love is one of the strongest of emotions, one that we are so adamant to keep near and dear to us. We don't want to let a good thing go, but sometimes that good thing becomes a bad thing. Sometimes, we need to learn that the situation we're in isn't the best for us at that point in time.

We can be blinded by love. It makes us absolutely crazy. It causes us to see everything through a filter. Once it's over, it's like we try to use the filter to justify clinging on to this thing we so desperately need to lose.

This is why it is absolutely necessary that we learn to let things go.

It starts to become unhealthy. We can excuse inexcusable actions or justify values not aligning because of "love." At this point, it just become infatuation. Learn the difference.

Break ups are hard, even if they end well. Do not continue to dwell on it. Don't blame yourself. You must forgive and you must move on. This is the only way you are going to find peace within yourself and with the other person.