A Printer— Yes, Really, A Printer— And 10 Other Things To Pack For Your First College Semester

To help make this new living space the place of your dreams (on a college budget).

2456
Instagram

The day you can finally move out of your stuffy, crowded dorm room is one that will be remembered forever.

For better or worse, your dorm room has probably been a space where many memories were created, but it's time to move on to bigger and better things- your first college apartment or house off campus.

Apart from the obvious furniture and appliances, don't forget about these 11 items to help make this new living space the place of your dreams (on a college budget of course!).

1. Cleaning supplies.

It's not fun and it probably never be but your new house isn't going to clean itself, so you might as well come prepared.

2. A sturdy hamper or laundry basket.

You will be quick to realize that all of the cute hampers don't hold up as well when you're constantly dragging them to the laundry mat. Invest in a nicer one and you'll get your money's worth.

3. Hangers...and lots of them.

Hangers are one of those things you can never have enough of. Pack extra ones to keep in your closet so if you ever run out you have some to rely on and aren't making unnecessary trips to the store.

4. Small kitchen appliances.

Items like a toaster or blender may get overlooked, but are worth it when you no longer have full access to the dining hall.

5. Shoes for every occasion.

You never know when you'll have to dress up for a presentation or need comfortable shoes for a leisurely hike...be prepared and bring them all.

6. Your favorite throw blanket.

You'll want this to make your new bedroom feel more like home.

7. Full-length mirror.

Especially if you only have one bathroom, having a mirror in your own room will help when you're getting ready.

8. A printer.

When you don't feel like walking to campus to print something, having your own printer in the house comes in handy.

9. Clothes drying rack.

These are super affordable and make laundry a breeze if you have a washer and dryer in your new place.

10. Power strips.

With the help of power strips, you'll never have to fret if your room has just a few outlets.

11. Tupperware containers.

For storing leftovers or packing snacks for class, these are a necessity in your future cabinets.

Besides the obvious items, these 11 things should definitely earn a spot on your packing list, and you'll thank me later.