Movies You Loved As A 90s Kid

Movies You Loved As A 90s Kid

Did your favorite childhood movie make the list?

204
Movies You Loved As A 90s Kid
Bleeding Cool

We all have those films we remember growing up. Some of them we learned from, others were just pure entertainment. This is a shout out to all of the 90's kids out there who remember these films.

1. Underwraps (1997)

A comedy-adventure in which three twelve-year-olds have a close encounter with a 3,000-year-old mummy. Marshall, Gilbert and Amy accidentally set the mummy free, but if they don't get him back to his resting place by midnight on Halloween, he'll turn into dust and lose his only chance of being reunited with his long-lost love.

2. Brink (1998)

Andy "Brink" Brinker and his in-line skating crew--Peter, Jordy, and Gabriella--who call themselves "Soul-Skaters" (which means they skate for the fun of it, and not for the money), clash with a group of sponsored skaters, Team X-Bladz--led by Val--with whom they attend high school in southern California. When Brink discovers his family is in financial trouble, he goes against the wishes of his parents and his friends and joins Team X-Bladz. Brink tries to lead a double life but will be able to pull it off?

3. Halloweentown (1998)

Marnie, Dylan, and Sophie Piper have their first out of many adventures! On Halloween, while Marnie is arguing with her mother Gwen, the kids' grandmother Aggie comes to visit. Aggie wants to start Marnie's witch training before her 13th birthday or Marnie will lose her powers forever. But there is another reason for Aggie's visit. Something dark & evil is growing in Halloweentown & Aggie wants help to defeat it. While Aggie & Gwen are arguing, Aggie uses magic which Marnie observes. After Aggie leaves to return to Halloweentown, Marnie, Dylan and, unknown to Marnie and Dylan, Sophie follow her onto the return bus. Soon afterwards, Gwen follows the children to Halloweentown. While there, Aggie & Gwen are attacked by the dark force in a movie theater. Marnie, Dylan & Sophie race to get the ingredients to activate Merlin's Wand to stop the evil.

4. Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century (1999)

Zenon Car is a trouble-prone 13-year-old girl who, in the year 2049 AD, lives on a space station with the rest of her family. When she runs afoul of Parker Windom, the owner of the station, Zenon is determined to be "incorrigible", and as punishment is exiled to the worst place imaginable: The planet earth. After several painful weeks of adjustment to her new surroundings, Zenon enlists the aid of her earthbound pals to return to her "real" home with evidence that the "respectable" Mr. Windom is up to no good.

5. The Thirteenth Year (1999)

When Cody Griffin turns 13, things are going good. He is a star swimmer, he is getting interest from a girl named Sam, and he has a supportive family. Then he discovers that he may be turning into a fish. He also discovers who his true friends are.

6. Smart House (1999)

A 13 year old boy wins a computerized home manned by a cyborg maid named PAT. When he and his dad move into the house, he figures that his dad will cease considering re-marrying anyone since the house and PAT can handle all of the cooking and cleaning chores. However, his father soon shows an interest in the computer programmer. This sets the boy into tinkering with PAT's program and sets in motion a too wife (and mother)-like nagging robot.

7. Johnny Tsunami (1999)

A Hawaiian teenage surfer shows off his skills when he takes to the snow slopes in Vermont.

8. Genius (1999)

Charlie, science wiz, hockey lover, and all around genius, is tired of being friendless. It's bad enough that he's in college before he's 14 helping a scientist who's in the midst of trying to defy gravity. So, in order to make his life exactly how he wants it, Charlie reinvents himself by taking on the image of a slacker/bad boy and enrolls in the local Jr. high. But juggling two lives is tough, even for a genius.

9. Mom's Got a Date With a Vampire (2000)

The Hansen kids are in a jam. Adam and his best friend Duffy have gotten their hands on some tickets for the Headless Horseman concert, and his sister Chelsea has a date with her dreamy boyfriend Peter. The only problem is they're both grounded. Chelsea and Adam will do whatever it takes to get their mom Lynette out of the house, even if it includes a chance meeting with a very mysterious man. Everything seems to go according to plan until their little brother Taylor realizes that this stranger might be a vampire.

10. Phantom of the Megaplex (2000)

17 year old Pete Riley works at the local 26-screen megaplex. He, the senior manager of the theater, and all the other employees are working to keep the theater neat for the giant premiere gala that night where they are going to premiere "Midnight Mayhem". He also has to keep his younger siblings out of the way for the premiere. He also has his girlfriend and her friend going to an early movie heading into the premiere. The movies are having major screw-ups like real tornadoes or title problems.

11. The Ultimate Christmas Present (2000)

A girl steals a weather machine from Santa Claus, to make a snow day. The machine breaks, and causes an out-of-control snowstorm.

12. Gotta Kick it Up (2002)

This was going to be the first year that Marshal Middle School was not going to have a dance team. All that changes when the new Biology teacher, Ms. Bartlett, agrees to be the coach. Now the girls need to prove that they are ready to compete and are able to win; not only to themselves, but to their parents and coach. Using the chant "si, se puede" or "yes, I can" the Dance team builds their confidence to perform.

13. The Cheetah Girls (2003)

A four-member teen girl group named the Cheetah Girls go to a Manhattan high school for the performing arts and try to become the first freshmen to win the talent show in the school's history. During the talent show auditions, they meet a big-time producer named Jackal Johnson, who tries to make the group into superstars, but the girls run into many problems. Galleria becomes a full-time snob and forgets her friends, Dorinda has to choose between her friends or the dance club and other things that could break the Cheetah Girls apart permanently.

14. Pixel Perfect (2004)

Samantha's band, the Zettabytes, is meeting with little success, so her friend Roscoe uses his knowledge of technology designed by his father to create a holographic lead singer, Loretta Modern. The band instantly becomes successful, but Samantha begins to feel alienated, Roscoe discovers feelings for Samantha, and Loretta struggles with individuality.

15. Blank Check (1994)

After committing check fraud, Preston Waters begins to live out his 12 year old fantasies by spending a million dollars in six days. But when it came to being an adult, he quickly realized that he didn't quite fit the bill. Miguel Ferrer and Brian Bonsall star in this 1994 kid classic that will leave you asking the question "why didn't this kid get grounded?"

16. It Takes Two (1995)

Alyssa (a rich girl) and Amanda (an orphan) are two little girls who are identical, but complete strangers, that accidentally meet one day. In an attempt to stop Alyssa's father from getting married to Clarice, a conceited know-it-all, the girls get him to meet Amanda's case worker and switch lives to stop the wedding once and for all. Though things don't go exactly as planned when Alyssa gets adopted and Clarice moves up the wedding...

17. The Indian in the Cupboard (1995)

On his ninth birthday a boy receives many presents. Two of them first seem to be less important: an old cupboard from his brother and a little Indian figure made of plastic from his best friend. But these two presents turn out to be much more magic than the rest...

18. First Kid (1996)

Luke Davenport is the thirteen-year-old son of Paul Davenport, the President of the United States, and first lady Linda Davenport. Luke's Ill tempered bodyguard agent Woods is fired after mistreating Luke in front of the press. Woods is then replaced by former boxer Sam Simms. After Simms becomes Luke's bodyguard, they develop an unlikely friendship.

19. Matilda (1996)

Matilda Wormwood is an exquisite and intelligent little girl. Unfortunately, Matilda is misunderstood by her family because she is very different from their ways of life. As time passes, Matilda finally starts school that has a kindly teacher, loyal friends and a sadistic principal. As she gets fed up with the constant cruelty, Matilda begins to realize that she has a gift of telekinetic powers. After some days of practice, Matilda suddenly turns the tables to stand up to her parents and outwit the principal.

20. Monkey Trouble (1994)

Eva is a girl that is feeling left out and ignored when her new baby brother arrives. Nothing is going well for her, until she finds a new friend. Her new friend is Dodger, a monkey. Dodger and Eva become close friends and entertain crowds at the Boardwalk. That is, until Eva finds out that Dodger has a hidden talent - he's a trained thief.

21. Kazaam (1996)

A troubled kid inadvertently releases a genie, who must grant him any three wishes he requests.

22. Dunston Checks In (1996)

A young boy befriends a larcenous orangutan in a luxury hotel.

23. Life Size (2000)

After the death of her mother, 14-year-old Casey is despondent. As she and her father Ben begin to drift apart, Casey finds a book of magic spells and tries to use one to bring her mother back to life. But the plan backfires, and instead she finds that she's animated Eve, a fashion-plate dress-up doll. Eve is excited to be both alive and nearly six feet tall, but she has a lot to learn about living in the real world - and Casey isn't so sure she has the desire or the patience to teach her.

Did your favorite movie from childhood make the list?