24 Awesome Movies Coming Out Later This Year And In 2019

24 Can't Miss Movies Opening Between Now And 2019, Enjoy

Just because the biggest box office flicks normally drop during the summer doesn't mean there aren't any other good ones opening later in the year.

2837

I don't know about you, but sitting in a dark and cool movie theater just relaxes and excites me in so many ways. Going into the fall and winter months can be a bit depressing as the sun leaves earlier and the days get colder, so finding ways to combat that are always good (although, now that I write that I find it ironic a dark and cool places helps that).

I've gone through lists of movies being released between August and December, carefully picking out the ones that I don't want to miss seeing in theaters. Sure, you can wait until after they are released, but let's be honest, it just isn't the same as the theater.

Now, if only MoviePass can stay in business long enough for me to go see them all...

1. "Disney’s Christopher Robin."

Although you can't ask for much more besides Ewan McGregor and Winnie-the-Pooh, this movie is already getting great reviews among the fans with an audience score of 90% from Rotten Tomatoes. I think it's a must-see.

2. "The Darkest Minds."

A bit of a different take on the dystopian movie genre, this one looks to be quite interesting. I'm hoping for a combo of "Hunger Games" and "Super 8."

3. "The Spy Who Dumped Me."

I don't know why, but comedic spy movies almost always seem more interesting and entertaining to me than actual spy movies.

4. "BlacKkKlansman."

I love the concept of this movie, and I love Adam Driver. Easy pick.

5. "The Nun."

Aside from already being invested in "The Conjuring"s storyline, Wikipedia describes the movie as an "American gothic supernatural horror film" which sounds beyond fun.

6. "The Predator."

I just want to see Predator rip into some unsuspecting fools.

7. "The House with a Clock in it's Walls."

Between it looking fun and whimsical, I'm looking forward to seeing Jack Black as it seems he may be getting on a role in terms of playing good roles.

8. "Colette."

I love the historical significance that this movie is trying to get out into the open. Keira Knightley is a great choice for the role as well.

9. "Smallfoot."

I love the juxtaposition of a Yeti community finding out humans exist.

10. "Hell Fest."

I like over the top horror movies... I hope this is one of them.

11. "Venom."

I have been SO EXCITED for this movie until I heard Venom's voice.. we've already seen improvements between the first and second trailers, maybe they can tweak the voice a bit more before the final release.

12. "First Man."

Ryan Gosling goes to the moon. I would pay money to not only see this movie, but also see them really do this.

12. "Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween."

Okay... I'm not sure this is going to be good. It doesn't look too good... but I know Goosebumps were, and still are, a big part of the children's book world so I'm hoping it holds up... at least holds up a bit.

14. "Halloween (2018)."

One of the BEST MOVIE MONSTERS in what looks like an actual good reboot being released right around Halloween? Yes...

15. "Bohemian Rhapsody."

I have always loved Queen's music. Freddy's story is something that I am sure will come alive on the screen. I'll be there opening night.

16. "The Girl in the Spider’s Web."

A crime thriller that looks... thrilling.

17. "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald."

Hogwarts. They're going back to Hogwarts. Eddie plays Newt amazing and I'm hoping for some great interactions with him and Dumbledore.

18. "Ralph Breaks the Internet."

I wish the title was just "Wreck-It Ralph 2," aside from that, I'm really looking forward to this movie as the first one was fun, exciting, and sad all at once.

19. "Robin Hood (2018)."

Alright, not too sure about this one either, but medieval movies always pique my interest.

20. "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse."

Spider-Man cartoons growing up were always fun, which is what I'm hoping this movie brings to us.

21. "Mary Poppins Returns."

I'm soooo nervous about how this will play out. There's no replacing the original, but I want to see how close they'll get.

22. "Aquaman."

"Wonder Women" was actually a decent movie coming from the DC movie universe which is why I'm optimistic for this one.

23. "Holmes & Watson."

m.media-amazon.com

Will Farrell playing the part of Detective Holmes is something I never knew I needed, but now that I've heard of it, I need it.

24. "Alita: Battle Angel."

This just looks so different, interesting, and weird. I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm looking forward to finding that out.