For some reason or another, humans are obsessed with true crime and the macabre. Psychopaths intrigue us, and so we find ourselves researching serial killers, cults, and Googling crime scene photos. For some of us, no matter how many nights we freak ourselves out and can't sleep at night, we keep coming back for more.

True Crime is different than the Supernatural. Supernatural phenomena are happenings that people either believe, or they don't. If you don't believe in ghosts, then the story of the Winchester House may not scare you. But True Crime, that is very real. These were real people that murdered and did horrific things to other human beings. We cannot deny that these events happened.

The fact that humans were capable of doing these horrific things is scary enough, but then again, humans are interested in the minds of other humans.

1. BuzzFeed Unsolved: True Crime

Buzzfeed Unsolved

pbs.twimg.com

If you're looking for a quick debriefing of the word's unsolved crimes, look no further than YouTube. Shane and Ryan present the crime, and give theories as to who might have done it or what happened.

2. Conversations With A Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes

www.etonline.com

This docuseries was so very interesting, and very creepy. Something about Bundy's eyes, they're so dead and souless, that keeps you up at night. Do not watch alone.

3. I Am The Night

TNT

m.media-amazon.com

If you're fascinated with the Black Dahlia Murder, this limited series will definitely hold your interest. Plus, Chris Pine is in it.

4. Evil Genius

www.pajiba.com

Another show on Netflix that had recorded audio and visuals with the evil mastermind herself. A series that goes very in-depth of the collar-bomb burglary.

5. Mindhunter

media1.popsugar-assets.com

While this is not a documentary, it is a TV series following the man who started the FBI program for criminal profiling.

6. Encounters With Evil

www.gannett-cdn.com

This is another show that runs through crimes according to common traits between them. They analyze cults, cannibals, serial killers, and abductions. Definitely the one-stop-shop for the True Crime lover.

7. Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile

COTA Films

www.gannett-cdn.com

Just from the first trailer of this movie starring Zac Efron as Ted Bundy, the movie has already gotten some controversy. Not many people are too happy with the fact that Bundy seems to be portrayed as a charismatic, handsome charmer, but the thing is, is that that's exactly how he portrayed himself, even to his very last day. Bundy was an absolute psycho and master manipulator, and got many people to believe he was innocent. While I don't condone the romanticization of a sociopath like himself, I can see the angle the movie is trying to take.

These are just a few movies or shows available on True Crime. With a simple Google search, you, as a viewer, have your choice on dozens of films and documentaries and interviews of real-life accounts and testimonies from victims about the horrific crimes described in these. You can learn so much from how society behaves from watching these.

Remember, if you are scared easily, be sure to watch with a friend.