5 Tips When Going Back To College For Spring Semester

Back to the school grind we go

116

A few things about moving back to your university for the spring semester...

1. Find people to help you move back in.

Finding people to help you move back in is very important because who really wants to carry in everything you took home? On move in day, there were tons of people to help you, coming back from Christmas break there is not. Tell your frat boys or your sisters or just your friends to come help you because it'll make it ten times faster.

2. It's not as hard as Fall move in day.

On move in day, you have to figure out how to arrange your room and get everything set up the way you want it. Moving back, all you have to do is put everything back in its place instead of leaving it in all of the bags (because trust me, backpacks and duffle bags are your best friend).

3. It's okay to cry because you finally got to spend more than a weekend with your family.

Trust me on this one, it is a-okay to cry while driving back to campus. The last hug from your family does not get any easier as time goes on. Yes, you're ready to be back, but missing your family will always play the biggest role in your life. You will find it easier to leave while they are at work because you don't have to try and hold back the tears. They are going to miss you just as much as you miss them. It's a fact.

4. Get excited because you finally get to see your fam away from home!

This is the absolute best! You have created some strong bonds between August and December with people that are your family while away at school. They missed you just as much as you missed them! Go get food and tell them all about your break, tell them all the little things since they weren't there for it! Ask them to tell you everything detail about what they did. Just love on them because you know, it has been a month since you last saw them!

5. Get back into the groove of living the dorm life!

Get back into wearing shoes at all times. Having to set timers for your laundry. Loud and noisy hall mates. Cafe food. Small rooms with twin size beds. Everything you own being shared. Homework. Parking far away from where you live, unless you get lucky! Crazy late night adventures. Activities on campus. Movie nights with your closest friends. Board games. Daily Naps.

So while you move back in, have someone there to help. It's really okay to cry the whole way back! Get everything back to where it belongs and then go get dinner with your people! Have fun and start your spring semester off with the mindset of nothing but positivity, continue to have that through your spring semester and then by the time you look up, it'll be summer!