Being A Single Mother Of Three (Pets) In College
Nature Animals

And all of them are named after Star Wars characters.

69
Nicole Lohmueller

Being a single mother of three in college is pretty tough, not going to lie. It's not what you think though — my children are animals. I currently am the mother of three pets, Finn (dog-mix), Anakin (dwarf Chinese hamster) and Kylo Ren (betta fish). I love all three with my heart, and the only pet that really causes trouble is Finn, but it's just because he also gets away with a lot because of how cute he is.

Nicole Lohmueller

This is Finn, and I mean come on, how can you not let it go that he got into the trash earlier?

Nicole Lohmueller

This is Anakin, who is probably the most overlooked of my pets. Finn overtakes most of the attention from him, but I think that he's just a doll and so fun to have sleep on you while you read! He's self-sufficient, doesn't really bite and loves to snuggle.

Nicole Lohmueller

Finn isn't too sure of him, and many people are worried that Finn will eat him. And to be honest, I'm a little scared too, which only makes being a mother of three oh so much more fun.

Nicole Lohmueller

And finally, we have Kylo Ren, who is a friendly little betta who lives a carefree life. He doesn't get into trouble like Finn and doesn't have as much as a chance to be eaten as Anakin, which makes him the easiest of the bunch. His namesake is a little sassier than him, but Kylo still is sassy and hides whenever new people come over.

Now I'm not a ~typical~ mother of three, but while college gets crazy and out of control sometimes, looking at these little (or not so little) buggers make that life just a little bit easier.