The 10 Most Used Apps On My Phone

Smartphones nowadays have the ability to track what apps you use the most and how much time you spend daily on each. While this can be kind of useful, it's actually more frightening. Nothing is worse than wasting your time on social media or a game than being confronted about it or judged by your smart device. I took a look at this feature in my settings to see what I spent most of my time on, and I was honestly surprised. Some apps I thought I used a lot weren't really shown until the bottom of the list, and others make it seem like I am on them constantly. I made a list of the top 10 most used apps based on my phone's data and my own personal preference below, though it's not necessarily in this order exactly! (Surprise, surprise, the Starbucks app is a close #11!)

Messages

Of course, texting is a main form of communication these days, so this is a no brainer. Catch me texting my roommates, my boyfriend, my friends, or my mom at any given moment.

Twitter

This is one of my favorite apps to scroll through when I have nothing better to do. This honestly isn't that surprising that it is so high up on the list because I really am on it a lot! Twitter is where I get most of my news, memes, and TV spoilers.

Instagram

I love to show off my friends and treasured moments captured in photos, but even more I like to admire other people's posts. My favorite thing is to watch DIY or progress videos on the Discover page! I can get lost on there for hours.

Snapchat

Snapchat is another easy way to stay in contact with my loved ones and close friends!

Outlook

While not many people are very attentive to their email, I check mine every day, usually several times. Don't want to miss anything important!

YouTube

In the last few years I have really gotten into watching vlogs and other content that people post. Some of my favorites are David Dobrik, Shane Dawson, and LaurDIY. I also use YouTube to listen to music, audiobooks, or watch celebrity interviews, like this one.

Harry Potter: Wizards Unite

This is literally Pokémon Go but for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Need I say more?

Music

Usually I am listening to music no matter what else I am actually focusing on. In the car, at work, at the gym, even writing this article.

Photos / Camera

While they are separate apps, I'll combine them into one for this purpose: I take a lot of photos, and I like to look back through them!

Notes

This app is a lifesaver. I keep important notes like passwords ( yikes, but it's password protected😉), grocery lists, and other random information in my phone so that I always have it with me. One specific note has random stuff dating back to when I first got an iPhone in 2012...wow!