Most Traumatic Easter Of My Life

Most Traumatic Easter Of My Life

Welcome to the time listening the Taylor Swift ended with my uncle being punched and the cops being called.

239
Most Traumatic Easter Of My Life
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/03/21/636572576332404327-1831530482_Screen%20Shot%202018-03-21%20at%202.33.40%20PM.png

Welcome to my 2012 Easter Adventure.

Easter is a holiday that should be surrounded by loving friends, family, Jesus, and amazing food, so imagine my Easter seven years ago when we had to call the cops and my uncle was punched in the face. Stay tuned for the most interesting Easter of my life.

Every year I go to Nashville and visit family for Easter. My family and I pretty much have obtained the same Easter traditions since I was a little girl. The day is spent by waking up early for Easter church service, attending service, and having a giant family brunch afterward. This seems like a simple day to follow, but man was I in for a treat.

After Easter service, I rode with my cousin Liz back to our grandmother's house for family brunch. Easter is a day full of happiness and family, so of course, we desired to listen to Taylor Swift. My cousin and I were blasting Taylor Swift and singing at the top of our lungs the entire car ride. We arrive at my grandmother's and it started to rain, so we had to bright idea to blast Taylor Swift and dance outside the car in the rain. This is when the excitement began.

As my cousin and I were dancing to Taylor Swift, enjoying the Easter holiday, an elderly man comes up to us. He began to yell and telling us to get out of the neighborhood because we did not belong there. We tried to explain that our grandmother did, in fact, live in the neighborhood and we were simply listening to music before brunch was ready. The elderly man did not enjoy our presence and began to cuss us out very loudly; this is when we decided it was time to head to the house and tell our family what happened.

We shared the funny story with our family members and my uncle Richard decides to be the hot shot of the hour and go talk to this elderly man. He did not appreciate someone cussing out his twelve-year-old niece and seventeen-year-old daughter. Me being my twelve-year-old self-thought he was the hero for talking to this man who cussed us out. So my cousin Liz, uncle Richard, my cousin Blair, and myself make our way to the man's house.

The man was still outside and we all walked up and let my uncle do all the talking. Long story short, my uncle was trying to explain to the man that our grandmother lived in the neighborhood and we were just enjoying our music. The old man was not having my uncle and actually punched my uncle square in the face. All of us were shocked beyond belief.

After the punch, we realized this man was insane and did not like people. My uncle was still trying to calm down the old man and the man went for another punch and threatened us! This was when we decided to go back to my grandmother's and call the cops.

The cops showed up and each of us had to be interviewed on the incident that happened. My first and only police interview ever occurred on Easter Day, just let that sink in. So there I was, sitting at the table being interviewed by the cops in my brand new Easter dress.

Truly a memorable moment if we are being honest, how many people can say they had to call the cops on Easter.

After the interviews, everyone went on normally and we sat around the table eating our homecooked Easter meal on the fine china like nothing happened. My uncle ended up not pressing charges and this has been the family joke ever since. Moral of the story is, don't dance in the rain to Taylor Swift on Easter because your uncle will end up getting punched in the face.