The Most Important Thing To Do This Christmas

28
Mandic Maya

With this holidays coming closer, many are hustling to get last minute gifts and the time is stressful for most. Many forget to do one thing this time of year -- appreciate.

With so much troubling us from finals, to stresses from work, to our tough schedules, we tend to get caught up in the negativity that surrounds us. We get caught up in our own world.

We've grown up learning how to be polite and thank people for the gifts they give us or other kind gestures they give to us, but sometimes we forget to truly appreciate them in our lives.

We soon take for granted the things that we use and do every day. From the water you use to shower, to the bed you sleep in at night, some are not as fortunate as you. With so many homeless across the globe, you have to take a minute to see how fortunate you truly are. You may have family that you can rely on when you're in trouble or you need a shoulder to cry on.

Think of each part of your life that you simply fast forward through in your daily life. From the food you eat, or maybe quickly eating this food, to the air that you breathe -- we are so fortunate.

We tend to reflect on the things we take for granted at the end of November on Thanksgiving, but a crucial time to do this is Christmas. Surrounded by family and friends, you should take the moment to appreciate these things in your life.

Some have lost the family they spend their Christmas with, and others have no warm home to enjoy the holidays in. So while you sit in a warm house this Christmas, just remember to appreciate the moment.

Not only is it a nice gesture to appreciate the people and things in your life, but it will also enrich your own life. Appreciation will help self-esteem and give you a more positive outlook on life.

You may be rushing around this Christmas, but taking a couple of minutes out of your day to appreciate the simple things in life will lighten your mood and help you out in the long run.

When the 25th comes around, take a minute to appreciate each gift you receive and genuinely thank the person who gave you this present. It not only makes the giver of this gift happy, but you will feel so much better.

Take a minute to enjoy every moment of your life, because life is so precious.