More Than Oblivion

More Than Oblivion

A poem for those who make life worth living

111
More Than Oblivion
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/06/636481783936102703-910120503_b.JPG

A conceptual video around a poem I wrote entitled "More Than Oblivion." It highlights the things and people and feeling that make life worth living. Remember to smile and thank those who make it easy to do so.

More than Oblivion

__________________

They made him forget about the reasons he hated living in his own skin

About the reasons he kept quiet in large crowds

About all the Insecurities and insults that haunted him

Which built up the opinion he had of himself through Tearing him down

They made him forget about the ghosts that lurked the deathly gallows of his brain telling him that he was worthless

The ghosts that made him believe that life was nothing more than a harrowing void

And endless oblivion

No they made him feel something

They were the laughs

They were the smiles

They were the morning coffees and the midnight snacks

They were the sunrises and the star gazes

With them, he couldn't help but believe that there was more

That he was more

That she was more

They made her believe

In God

In friendship

In love

And I think that was their greatest gift

They made her see that life was not blue and grey

No life is yellow and red like a flame and you could engulf the world with your heat if you only went out to light it

They made her forget about the negativity, the deceit, the betrayal, the blue and the grey

And remember what was really important

The goosebumps and happy tears

Dancing carelessly and cuddling between clean sheets

Picnics in the forest and the comfort of a warm hug

The miracle of the mundane and the simplicity of the epic

The complacency of the daffodils

And the beauty of the darkness

The euphoria of chasing ambition

And the magic of a certain glance

She couldn't help but believe there was something more

That she was something more

That he was something more

That we were something more

Life isn't a harrowing void

Or an endless oblivion

They made us remember

They made her embrace the world she was living in

He knows now that life is so much more than oblivion

They helped us forget

They helped him feel

They helped her believe

They helped us remember