I Am So Much More Than Just a Dance Teacher

yes, I am your child's dance teacher, but I am so much more than that

It's not JUST about dance.

184
Katie Frego

Yes, I am your child's dance teacher. I teach them to count to eight and to start back at one again. I teach them to point their toes and straighten their arms, but I teach them so much more than that. I work with dancers sometimes from the age of two all the way up to 18. I am with them through their big life moments. I hear about their lives.

They are so excited when they show me how they can tie their shoes on their own. They tell me about the awards they get at school and all about their best friend's sleepover party. I am more than their dance teacher, I am the consistency that every child needs.

As a dance teacher, I am here to teach your kids more than just dance. I teach them to take turns, to respect their peers, to use their manners, and to be overall good people. I teach your child "mind over matter", and how to reach a goal. I watch your child grow from a toddler all the way up to a teenager. I love seeing them work hard for their accomplishments.

At the end of the day, my goal in teaching your children is not to see a perfect pointed foot, or a hyperextended leg. I don't care if they have they highest jump or the best tap sounds. My goal is to see them work hard to reach their highest potential. I want to see them grow as a dancer, but most importantly, I want to see them grow as their own individual.