What Would You Do If You Had More Than 24 Hours In A Day?
Lifestyles

More Than 24 Hours In A Day Would Be Great But We Can Still Enjoy The Time We Have

I don't think anyone disagrees.

37

We've all heard the quote, "there are only twenty-four hours in a day." It's been used by my grandparents, parents, and friends, but what if there were more than twenty-four hours in a day? There are more than enough things we could think of to utilize extra time in a day for.

If we had more time, just think about all we could accomplish. We could get more work done, go to the gym more often and accomplish more of the strenuous activities we do not always care for. We could not really make any excuses about not getting things done.

While we all want more time to get things done, I'm sure we could use some of that time to relax, too. We'd have more time to binge watch Netflix favorites, go to bed early, or hang out with friends... even on a weeknight. No more all-nighters or deciding whether to party or study because you have the time to do both; we love that.

We probably would be more prepared in general and would have the time to slow down and live in the moment. We would have more time for ourselves, to go shopping, or to get to know new people.

We could also use this time to travel more, work on bettering ourselves, be kind to others, work on relationships, or volunteering. Reading books, learning more, and getting new experiences are beneficial but do not always necessarily fit into our schedules because they are not a necessity.

Then I think, there are people that do this on the daily with only twenty-four hours. So, do we really need more than twenty-four hours in a day?

Twenty-four hours gives all of us an equal playing field, it's what we do with that time that will make us or break us. All of our favorite celebs, CEOs and athletes have the same amount of time in a day that we do. This just goes to show that we can accomplish a lot in the time we're given, we just need to be encouraged and motivated.

While it would help to get a few extra hours of relaxation (for college students especially), it's not necessary in order to accomplish tasks. You make time for what is important to you. If you really wanted to get something done or if it was valuable to you, twenty-four hours is easily enough time for you to make it happen.

So, instead of wishing for more hours in a day, set your priorities straight and if it matters to you, you will get it done.