10 Lines From Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom That Speak To Your Life

"I'm going to find a tree to chop down."

132

I love Wes Anderson films—not just for the great cinematography, but for the witty writing. These lines are funny, poignant and plenty relatable.

1. For when you're feeling artsy

Walt Bishop: Holy Christ, what am I looking at here?

Laura Bishop: He does watercolors. Mostly landscapes but a few nudes.

2. For when someone just gets you

Sam: So, what do you want to be when you grow up?

Suzy: I don't know...I want to go on adventures I think- not get stuck in one place. How about you?

Sam: Go on adventures too, not get stuck too.

3. For when you let your anger out in productive...

Walt Bishop: I'll be out back. I'm going to find a tree to chop down.

4. And not-so-productive ways

Sam: What happened to your hand?

Suzy: I got hit in the mirror.

Sam: Really? How did that happen?

Suzy: I lost my temper with myself.

5. For when you're awkward

Sam: [they kiss; he turns away and spits] I got sand in my mouth.

Suzy: Oh.

6. And even more awkward

Sam: It's possible I may wet the bed by the way. Later, I mean.

Suzy: Okay.

Sam: I wish I didn't have to mention it but just in case. I don't want to make you be offended.

Suzy: Of course, I won't.

7. For when you tell it like it is

Sam: I love you, but you don't know what you're talking about.

8. For when you're over it

Walt Bishop: I hope the roof flies off and I get sucked up into space.

9. Really over it

Sam: On this spot, I'll fight no more forever. Come and get me, you bastards!

10. And for the simple things in life

Suzy: We're in love. We just want to be together. What's wrong with that?

Just relate those weird life moments to a great movie—Sam and Suzy made the most of it!