21 Of The Most Relatable Moments Of 'Lady Bird'

Because "you can't do anything without being the center of attention!"

430
@ladybirdmovie

With the Academy Awards approaching, there is a lot of buzz for this year's contenders. One personal favorite is 'Lady Bird,' coming in with five Oscar nominations for Best Picture, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay.

Watching 'Lady Bird' as a woman in her twenty-somethings, I could not identify with the film more. Here are some of the most relatable moments from 'Lady Bird.'

1. When you definitely studied the night before.

You're just double checking your answers, right?

2. When you aren't getting your way.

Actions speak louder than words.

3. When you finally find the competitive sport made for you.

Rookie of the year, right here.

4. When you turn 18.

If you didn't buy cigarettes, porn, and lottery tickets on your birthday, did you even turn 18???

5. All of those super sexy, smooth high school hookups.

Literally nothing more awkward than two horny teenagers trying to go at it.

6. When you had to give your friends political advice as a budding adult.

I mean no one is more politically aware then seniors in high school, right?

7. Your first love.

And nothing feels more magical.

8. And ugly crying your way through your first heartbreak.

If your best friend doesn't support you at your lowest, you need to reevaluate.

9. When you rebound with your first artsy f*ckboy.

He's just so dreamy and ~deep~.

10. Figuring out how to properly present yourself.

Eventually, you'll learn to stop selling yourself short.

11. When you're up on your high horse.

Sometimes you just need your mom to check you back down to reality.

12. Learning how to deal your anger in a mature way.

Express yourself.

13. Other mature ways to express your anger...

Totally healthy, BTW.

14. When those hormones are raging.

Go on and get yours.

15. When you just need to sob in your mother's arms.

She never did require an explanation from you.

16. Any given Catholic education experience you may have had.

That "God is always watching" stuff really shakes ya.

17. When your dad comes through for you.

Thanks, dad!

18. When your college counselor suggests taking the ACT/SATs one more time.

Thanks, but no thanks, Susan.

19. When you finally get that college acceptance letter.

As a side note, this bedroom is the stuff of adolescent dreams.

20. Learning that a best friend is once in a lifetime.

Popular kids and romantic interests will come and go, but you can always count on a true friend.

21. When you finally realize that living your truth is actually what is cool.

There is only one you.