For the moments in college where you want to literally give up

Read This For The Moments In College You Just Want To Give Up

You got this kid.

3811
https://unsplash.com/photos/yHG6llFLjS0

Your stress is real. Your stress is valid. There is no reason to feel guilty for feeling overwhelmed when you know everyone else is just as overwhelmed. You feeling overwhelmed and stressed is just as valid.

Yes, it may seem like assignments are never-ending. It may seem like you cannot get all your poop in a bucket. It may seem like you do not have this. But you do.

Because you are strong and you have made it this far. It does not matter if you are in the first weeks of your classes or in the last weeks. You made it this far and you should be proud of yourself for all the work you have done.

Finances may be tight, but know it won't be this way for long. You have a community around you who know finances like the back of your hand and know how to help you make the right money moves. It is okay to ask for help. It is okay to need help. Just breathe, and reach out.

Grades may not be where you want them to be. However, look at the points you have earned and be proud that you have earned points. Look at your future assignments and plan accordingly and be prepared to celebrate your future success.

Take the time to reach out to your professors, even if they seem unapproachable, take a chance. 9 times out of 10 they will be more than happy to assist you and give guidance on how to be successful in their classes. Make sure to utilize your resources your school provides as well (tutoring, academic help center, librarians, friends in your courses, IA's/TA's). It is okay to ask for help. It is okay to need help.

Take a deep breath in. Breathe in for ten seconds and hold your breath. Let it out slowly and know that you are human. You are a human created in the image of our wonderful maker who knows your heart, knows your struggles, knows your situation and knows your worries. And is ready to have you lean into him for rest, peace, and wisdom. All you have to do is ask for his will to be done.

You are smart, no matter what your GPA says. You are qualified to be here. You have the right to your education. You have the power to change your situation. There is always a way out or a way to fix the issue or issues at hand. It simply just is picking up the phone and calling that person for help. It is simply emailing your counselor asking for resources. It is simply talking to that scary professor, who after you speak with, really isn't that scary.

Take a deep breath in. Breathe in for ten seconds and hold your breath. Let it out slowly and know that you are human. Know that you are wanted, you are valued, and you feeling this way is okay. And there is someone out there who wants to hear about your worries and wants to help you.