Mom, You Are My Best Friend

Mom, You Are My Best Friend

I may have other friends but you are my best friend.

559

Mom,

"Successful mothers are not the ones that have never struggled. They are the ones that never give up, despite the struggle."

You've held my hand through so much and for that, I am forever grateful. My life wouldn't be the same without you by my side and you know that. Every tear I've ever cried you've been there to dry. Every scratch I've ever had you've been there to bandage. Every heartbreak I've ever had you've been there to hold me. I may not always be the simplest child to care for but, I do appreciate all you do for me. Without you, I wouldn't know how to be me. You've shown me what it's like to be beautiful. I've seen you in some of your best and worst moments and every time you're still just as wonderful as you were at the beginning.

In a couple of months, I'll soon be on my very own journey. You'll call me every chance you get to see if I've washed my clothes or if I've been eating. I'll tell you the same things "yes I washed them last night" or "Actually I'm about to eat." With every response I give you. You'll receive relief. I know it's not easy watching me grow up. But, you've taught me very well. Because of you, I know it's not okay to wash red clothes with white, to leave the oven eye on when leaving the house, to go behind other people's back, and to betray someone.

But most importantly because of you, I know what love is.

I know how to love someone and how to care for someone. Because of you, I know it's OK to be loud and confident. Because of you, I know it's okay to be beautiful. See mom the thing is sometimes you think I don't care or that I'm literally never paying you any attention at all but in reality, I watch everything you do from how you move your fingers across the potato when cutting it to how you're always there when I need you the most. And when it comes time for me to walk down the aisle I know I'll have you there with me. As dad walks me down I'll have my best friend and maid of honor there with me.

You of course.

Nothing would be possible without you with me or me calling you 24/7. No one ever told you being a mother was going to be easy, And to be completely honest I know it never was or will ever be. When I have children of my own I hope to be as great as you are. I want my children to grow up and be able to say that their mother was their best friend and could talk to them about anything. Mom, you deserve the world and right now I can only afford to give you a pebble. So here's your pebble. I love you more than you'll ever know.

— The light of your life