Nine Reasons To Call Your Mom

Nine Reasons To Call Your Mom

Because she misses you and you know you miss her too

1921
Nine Reasons To Call Your Mom
Photo by Daria Pimkina on Unsplash

Moms are great. They love you, they gave birth to you and they want to hear from you. So give them a call, use this list to help compile some ideas you two can talk about.

1. Ask her to help you with a problem

Photo by Volodymyr Hryshchenko on Unsplash

Even something small! Moms are so good at knowing things, and she will be touched you thought to ask her.

2. Ask about family

Photo by Tyler Nix on Unsplash

Ask her about your aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents! Anyone you don't speak to regularly but, could check up with through your mom. It will also make your extended family glad you asked about them.

3. Tell her some good news

Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash

Did you get a good grade? Meet someone new? Get an offer at work? Tell her! Even if it's as small as a compliment someone gave you, let her know. She wants to celebrate you.

4. Tell her about your day

Photo by Rasheed Kemy on Unsplash

I am sure she wants to know! Even if you did nothing, give her a quick ring and let her know about that nothingness. Give her a chance to tell you about her day too - that call is sure to be the highlight of it.

5. Plan time to see her

Photo by Compare Fibre on Unsplash

Ask her to come visit you, or just plan a FaceTime night. She will be so excited to talk with you a little more, and you can see the rest of your family too.

6. Tell her about something new

Photo by Nick Fewings on Unsplash

Tell her about an article you read or a rumor you heard. If you tried a new restaurant you think she'd like, tell her that too! She can try them out as well, and offer her own opinions, and she'll be excited to have something else to share with you.

7. Ask her about her time when she was your age

Photo by Juliana Malta on Unsplash

This one may sound a little dumb but, if you're having an experience because of your age, ask her what she did! She's probably been through it, even if it's something you think is absurd. Moms have lived lives we have no clue about, so ask her to let you in.

8. Ask for some advice

Photo by Joyce Busola on Unsplash

What are you struggling with? She wants to help you. Let your mom in, and let her give you some comfort and advice. You'll both walk away from the conversation feeling better.

9. Tell her you love her

Photo by Michael Fenton on Unsplash

Do it!! Do it right now. It will mean the world to her.

And while you're at it, call your dad too.