My Mom Tries To Be My Best Friend,

My Mom Tries To Be My Best Friend, But She's Still My Parent

She's young at heart and that's OK

601
Magdalene Scarlett

My mom had me at 21 years old. She married at 19 which is how old I am now. I could never imagine starting life at such a young age, but she did it. Now she's 41 years old and she's living her best life.

My mom has always been a fun soul. She used to be a substitute teacher and the students loved her because she was always funny, but serious too. Joking around is something she's always done. She will never say no to playing jokes on people. She has a young soul and I love it.

My mom loves Cardi B. She wants to see in her concert. I think it's so funny because She doesn't like Cardi B because the younger generation does, she actually likes Cardi B. Her favorite Cardi B song is a hard one to pick for her. She says it's between "Bodak Yellow" and "Money." She really likes Cardi B and it's not a front.

Missy Elliott is her spirit animal. Whenever she raps the song, which is very often, she starts off saying, "It's Momma D in the houseeeee." Her favorite part of the song is when Missy Elliott flips the song around and says, "Ti Esrever dna to pilf nwod gniht ym tup" which is "I put my thing down flip it and reverse it" backwards. She will go throughout our home saying that and send us daily Snapchats of it as well. She wants to create her own music video to the song, so hopefully, her dreams will come true.

She tries to be my best friend, but she also tries to be friends with my friends. They actually love her. She is like their mom and friend in one. She is even getting ordained to marry one of them. She always gives them advice when it's needed and they call on her when they are going through a tough time and need some guidance.

Whenever something new is trending, she is going to join in. Cash me outside was her favorite. She did the "In My Feelings" Challenge... on the side of the interstate. She even dyed her hair pink and purple at one point. She just loves to fit in with me and my friends.

My mom is full of life. You never see her upset or down and whenever something is wrong, she makes the best of it. She is always entertaining and if you know her, you know she's played a joke on you at least once. She's young at heart and that's OK.