Tracy Marie Kroh: Missing Person

Tracy Marie Kroh: Missing Person

*I do not include pictures or videos of any crime scene or victim after their death. I find it very disrespectful to the victims and their families. Also, some people would feel uncomfortable or sickened by some of the visuals. If you would like to see pictures or videos, you can find them easily with a Google search. I also tend to avoid cases that involve young children. If it does involve a young child, a warning will be provided for the faint of heart.

406
Tracy Marie Kroh: Missing Person

If you have any information that could help further the investigation, please contact:

Your Local FBI Office or Provide An Anonymous Tip

Missing Person Description

The following information regarding Tracy Marie Kroh has been provided by The FBI.

Age (as of disappearance): 17 years old

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Green

Height: 4'10"

Weight: 85 pounds

Sex: Female

Race: White

Scars/Marks: Pierced Ears & Previous Orthodontics

The following statement has been provided by The FBI - "Kroh was last seen at the Alex Acres Trailer Park, Halifax, PA, attempting to visit her sister. She did not return to the family home in Millersburg, PA, a distance of seven miles. Her vehicle was recovered the next day in Millersburg town square. Parts of her wallet were found in December 1993 along the Wiconisco Creek, Washington Township, PA, nine miles from Millersburg."

Victim Background

*Since this is a missing persons case and that there has been no body discovered, I will be referring to Tracy in the present tense.

Tracy Marie Kroh was born on April 15th, 1972 in Enterline, Pennsylvania (Dauphin County). Her parents are Ivan Lincoln Kroh and Ellen R. Kroh and she has two older sisters. Tracy was attending Halifax Area High School at the time of her disappearance and was an honor student. Friends and family describe her as being shy, smart, and kindhearted. For more information regarding Tracy Marie Kroh's life before she disappeared, check out: Disappearance of Tracy Kroh – An Unsolved Crime from 1989

What Happened?

Tracy was last seen on August 5th, 1989. She was dropping off a grill and some coupons on her sister and brother-in-law's front porch in the Alex Acres Trailer Park off Pennsylvania Route 147 in Halifax at around 10:00 p.m., around seven miles west of where she lived. Her sister and brother-in-law were not home at the time, and she has not been seen since. Tracy's parents reported her missing the next day when they realized Tracy had not spent the night at her sister's house as they assumed. That same day, her blue-striped white 1971 Mercury Comet was found in Millersburg, PA, at the town square – her belongings were nowhere to be found.

Four years later in December of 1993, parts of Tracy's wallet (driver's license, National Honor Society Card, etc.) were found in an area along Wiconisco Creek in Washington Township – nine miles away from where her car was located.

In 1994, there was an anonymous call that reported that Tracy, and woman named Tiffany Sessions, and another woman named Elizabeth Miller were being held against their will and forced to work as prostitutes in Austin, Texas. Both Tiffany and Elizabeth have been missing from Florida since 1989 (the same year Tracy went missing) and neither case has been solved. Authorities from multiple states investigated the anonymous tip, but nothing came of it. This tip is explained in more detail in the "Theories" section below.

Authorities believe that she was abducted by someone she knew and that there was foul play involved since a body has never been found and that there was around $700 total found in her bedroom and bank account.

For more information regarding Tracy's disappearance, check out: DISAPPEARANCE OF TRACY MARIE KROH - MILLERSBURG - DAUPHIN COUNTY, PA - 1989 - DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING? and Justice4Caylee

Recent News

In August 2014, Tracy's case was reopened.

In May 2016, investigators received a tip about a man whose identity has not been disclosed with the public.

"This tip centered around a male from Dauphin County that could have been involved in this incident. He was located. He was interviewed. At this point, it's still an ongoing investigation. He hasn't been ruled out as a suspect." - Trooper Scott Denisch.

This tip led to a new suspect whose property was searched in September 2016. This property was a 30-acre plot of land off Middle Road in Halifax Township. Police, cadets, and cadaver dogs were used to search the property for the remains of Tracy Kroh. Police claim that the home on the property burnt down under "suspicious circumstances" in 2015. The exact location of the property has not been disclosed with the public.

In the early months of 2019, the police searched the same property.

"We've done aerial flyovers using an infrared system which has pointed to some possible abnormalities in the earth, and that's why we're out here exploring," - Trooper Jeremiah Mistick

Horses and cadaver dogs were also used to search the property again.

For more information regarding the more recent news about Tracy's case, check out:

Tracy Marie Kroh-Missing 25 Years

Midstate Mysteries: New lead in disappearance of Tracy Kroh

Property searched for remains of teen who vanished in 1989

Theories

1) The Boyfriend

There is a suspicion that Tracy was on her way to see her boyfriend when she disappeared. At the time, he lived with his parents near the location where Tracy's car was found. Tracy's boyfriend at the time and his family have been cooperative with investigators and continuously claim to be innocent in the disappearance.

For more information regarding the theory that Tracy's boyfriend has something to do with her disappearance, check out: The Charley Project

2) Prostitutes

From the "What Happened?" section above: In 1994, there was an anonymous call that reported that Tracy, and woman named Tiffany Sessions, and another woman named Elizabeth Miller were being held against their will and forced to work as prostitutes in Austin, Texas. Both Tiffany and Elizabeth have been missing from Florida since 1989 (the same year Tracy went missing) and neither case has been solved. Authorities from multiple states investigated the anonymous tip, but nothing came of it.

Tiffany was last seen at around 6:00 p.m. while going on a walk in Gainesville, Florida on February 9th, 1989. Elizabeth was last seen in a park in Idaho Springs, Colorado on August 16th, 1983. The anonymous tip claimed that they were being held hostage by a man named Thomas Stewart and were traveling in a blue/grey van.

Police concluded that this tip was probably a hoax since all three women vanished from different states and that it was a bizarre assumption that all women are tied together.

For more information regarding the theory that Tracy is forcefully involved in prostitution, check out: Tracy Marie Kroh-Missing 25 Years

*If you have any suggestions you can contact me via:

Instagram – @crime.and.comedy ~OR~ @chienneherman

Email – truecrimeodyssey@gmail.com