Misogy-bitch-tic

Misogy-bitch-tic

Why can't we call the shots?

33
Misogy-bitch-tic

Recently I have been having a lot of conversations with friends about what exactly it is like to be a single woman in the 21st century... and let me tell ya, it makes me mad. There is a stigma placed upon woman across the globe. Basically, you’re a whore if you want sex and you’re a prude if you don’t. And, you know what makes it worse? God damn social media.

It is easy for a man to go out and find a girl to have sex with. It is almost impossible for a girl to approach a man in the same manner. Why is it that women are automatically categorized as crazy or wanting a relationship? Men have the ability to pick and choose. When women try to do so, we are looked upon as "high maintenance" or coming off "too strong". News flash, sometimes "girls just wanna have fun" (that one's for you, Drewby)

Why do we have to hide our sexuality when, for men, it's just being a “guy"? The only difference between men and women are our organs. Why do men get more rights and a bigger level of respect just because they have different genitalia? We are all human, although different, we have the same rights.

There are so many women who are afraid to express their sexuality because we were taught not to. “Act like a lady”, they say. “Be ladylike” I’ve heard my entire life. What makes someone ladylike? Who made the rule book? Please…I would love to see it. If a woman is not hurting someone both mentally and physically, there should not be a problem.

I admit, there have been many situations in my life where I understand a double standard, but this is just f*cked up.

Last Spring, two unbelievably successful women came to speak to my Women and Gender studies class. At the end of the lecture, the entire class was left feeling uneasy. What we learned from their speech is that women can have one of two things: a career or a family. Men, however, live two lives. They go off to work every single day and come home to be a father. Working mothers practically have two jobs and, the shame is, this is what is expected.

For many years of my life I spent my days trying to conform to what was “expected” of me. But what was expected of me and how I wanted to express myself became two very different things.

I always thought to myself…I am. I am a lady. I am lady-like

I have manners (but I do have a little bit of a cursing “problem”). I am witty and I have compassion. I have a big heart and I respect others. Why do I have to filter who I am to make others feel more comfortable if I am not causing any harm?

I was brought up in an incredibly loving household by amazing influences. Because of these two human beings I would not be who I am today.

My whole life my mother never had a job and, for most of my 20 years, I took it for granted. It wasn’t until I got to high school that I was able to see how important her job really was. Growing up I had kids come up to me and ask what my mother did. I would respond “she’s a stay-at-home mom”. Now I realize that a stay-at-home mom is not what she is. That term does not do Tammy Friedman justice. Without her, our house would not run as smoothly as it does and I am forever grateful. This woman busts her sexy ass every single day to make her family happy. She puts everyone else's needs before her own and does so with a smile (unless it’s 5’clock and she needs her wine fix for the day). She has a job 24 hours a day and without her, our family would crash and burn. No way Matthew Friedman can function without this goddess of a woman.

I know for a fact that every single one of us would be completely lost without the support of Tamacious. She keeps our family intact, and, to me, that is the most important job in the world.

It is about time we start to appreciate the women in our lives rather than suppress them.

(Daddykinz, I know that our lives wouldn’t be nearly as incredible without you, so thank you thank you THANK YOU always).