A Million Reasons Vs. One Good Reason

A Million Reasons Vs. One Good Reason

"Every heartbreak makes it hard to keep the faith" - Lady Gaga

761
A Million Reasons Vs. One Good Reason
Unsplash.com c/o Charlie Foster
"You giving me a million reasons to let you go.
Y
ou giving me a millions reasons to quit the show."

Relationships are hard. They are stressful. There will be plenty of times when you wonder and think about why we are still together. Like a company going through a layoff period, letting you go is much easier than keeping you. Is it really worth going through all that you are going through? All the fighting, pain, drama, and emotions, is it all worth it? Yes. It is one hundred percent worth it. Don't quit the show.

"If I had a highway, I would run for the hills
If you could find a dry way, I'd forever be still"

The relationship's journey has been rough. Life would be better if I could take the first way out. However, that is just an assumption. Leaving our memories behind would bring more pain than what you are causing. My heart would ache as I get constant reminders of our first kiss. My eyes would burn if I were to glance on you being "happy" with a new lover. Who am I to say that I would ever get over you? I don't want a new relationship. I would rather be with you. The decision would be easier if you could do better and be better. Instead, you're just giving me a million reasons to not be still.

"Head stuck in a cycle, I look off and I stare
It's like that I've stopped breathing, but completely aware"

Contemplating on the life choices as I gaze out of a window. Daydreaming about our moments together has become a habit. Do you remember when we first said "I love you?" Do you remember the time when our dates brought us so much joy? Do you remember our walks? We were so happy. Now, we are gloomy. Maybe, I am the gloomy one going to life trying to figure out what's the point. I don't want this relationship to be a pollution to the our air. I want healthy breaths.

"And if you say something that you might even mean
It's hard to even fathom which parts I should believe"

You've given me about a million reasons, and your lies are several of them. I notice you like to say things that you don't mean. Why are you giving me reasons to not trust you? Without trust, we will drift farther apart. The relationship will crumble. I should not be the only one trying to put the pieces back together. You and I are a team. Believing your words is a struggle, but I am willing to revive us.

"Every heartbreak makes it hard to keep the faith"

Because of your a million reasons, I question the stability and future of our relationship. Sometimes, I question your love for me. I convince myself that everything will become better (or at least fine) since you have, yet, to walk out on me. Then, you mess around and repeat the same old mistake over again. Your a million reasons are hindering my faith in us. However, I just need one good reason to endure it. One good reason is all I need.

"I bow down to pray
I try to make the worse seem better
Lord, show me the way
To cut through all his worn out leather
I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away
But baby, I just need one good one to stay"

I forgive you for all the wrong you have done. I pray that God will heal our relationship and allow us to have a deeper connection with each other. I'm aware that connection with you will be hard to maintain if we have no connection with Him. Only, God can fix us, but we have to want it. Let's get rid of all the old bad habits. Show me that you can truly change. Show me that it is really worth going through all of the pain. A million reasons can cause me to walk away, but one good reason can encourage me to stay. Will you give me the one good reason? Will you be the one good one?