Millennials Making Moves: 4 Millennials Offering Unique Products

Opt to support young grinders instead!

38
GOLDEE LLC.

This is the sixth article in a series of articles called "Millennials Making Moves".

For those just tuning in, my inspiration behind this series thrives from my obsession and pride with this generation.

"This generation never ceases to amaze me with their innovation, creativity, and drive. It's certainly something to recognize and celebrate," I wrote in the series' first article.

These articles serve three purposes:

1. To encourage/shine on those who used their passion as motivation to start their own business/freelance/etc.

2. To give others inspiration to embrace their passions and pave their own way as well.

and probably the biggest reason:

3. I want to create a place for our generation that makes it easier for us to support each other. So when you're in need of a service or product, instead of going to the store, googling service providers, etc, circle back to this series! Opt to support young grinders instead!

Past articles highlighted photographers, videographers, beauticians, artists,

musicians and other service providers. This one will feature millennials selling unique products through their services.

1. Flows for Souls

Through her business, Bailey Devillier makes/sells hula hoops and also teach hooping lessons.

"I started this business out of passion," said Devillier. College was giving me no help in finding out where I wanted mDisplaying fullsizeoutput_8aa1.jpegy degree to take me and I couldn't make a decision on what to spend my life on. Hooping became my passion over a year ago and I now want to return that to others to help with mental illnesses.

Instagram: @flows_for_souls

Facebook: @flowsforsouls

2. Custom Naija

Ande and Lois are two "Nigerian babes" trying to spread love through art and herbs. They said that because a lot of the African products and accessories available online are made by or make profits for non African/non black individuals, they wanted to make affordable products for the community while sharing their culture.

Through their business, they sell West African Ankara and kente headwraps and accessories. Through their line Əthereal by Custom Naija, they offer ethnically- sourced homemade herbal self care goodies and delightful sweets/ treats.They also have Queen Creations where they use visual arts to show the beauty I want/We need to see in the world with strong African influence.

"The əthereal line started because I am passionate about natural healing, herbs and connection between mental, physical and spiritual health, and wanted to provide all-natural products for self-care," said Andre.

Queen Creations was born when Lois committed to creating visual art showcasing strictly black beauty. "As a black woman artist, I feel a responsibility to portray the beauty of blackness," Louis explained. "I saw a need for change in representation of black bodies in art and media. My art shows the royalty that is blackness."

Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook: @customnaija

Instagram and Facebook: @Queencreations_

www.customnaija.com

3. "Eslove"

"Eslove" is a beauty brand created by Priscilla Eslo featuring "Eslove Eau de Parfum" as its first product which launched this past Valentines Day.

"Although this was the unofficial launch, sales surpassed expectations in the U.S.," said Eslo. "People think Eslove is the fragrance itself, but it is actually the brand name.

"Eslove Eau de Parfum is a fine A-class fragrance made in France with Italian bottle and package. Eslove was made with vanilla essence, citrus and oriental aromas such as amber, precious woods, and Asian spices," Elso described.

She also said that the fragrance became so popular that it was featured in different media from the U.S., Nicaragua, Colombia, and Argentina and worn by public figures and influencers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfO7l8KFjYE

Instagram: @eslove_official

https://priscillaeslo.com/shop-eslove/

4. GOLDEE LLC.

Through his business, Dionte Hunt offer sells "cool custom socks" and says he plans to eventually expand his business to dress socks as well.

"Also, GOLDEEPhoto is my performance photography business," he added.

Hunt said his inspiration behind starting his business came from him wanting to change the world in his own way.

"I knew the avenues I wanted to explore to do such and they are fashion,
music, and eventually the school systems in the South," said Hunt. "I realized the world does not revolve around me, so protecting the youth is my main inspiration."

Website: goldeeshop.weebly.com/

Twitter: @GOLDEEPhoto

Instagram: @DeeHunt_