Are Millennial the Problem or Do People Just Want Them To Be?

Why does being labelled a millennial make someones opinion matter less? Why are millennial being generalised as entitled? People love to pull out the millennials card when they want to discount a person younger than themselves opinion.

11

In my experiences people love to pull out the millennial card when they want to discount a person younger than themselves opinion. They say things like all you millennials are entitled, you guys are snowflakes and can't take a joke or you guys do not know what real work is. First off, the people who say things like this usually have no understand of my background and have not actually facts or reason to say thing like this except to discount what I am saying because it is either calling their mindset out or going against what they believe to be true. I am a millennial yes that does not mean that when I say something to someone that they can use that card as a trump card to whatever I say. People who usually want to think negatively on millennial are the people who do not want to take the time to put themselves in our shoes because it will make them question the world they believe they have so figured out.

Millennial are the first generation that, besides some of our younger years being without, have grown up in the technological age. Most of us either received cellphone during our formative year and had the ability to at a click of a button know what is going on across the world. Millennials can find information at the click of a button and faster than someone can spell Mississippi. We were born into the technological age while other generation have simply adapted to it. Does that really make us lazy since we don't have to take multiple hours to figure out something? OR do you think we are lazy and entitled simple because we are well versed in the new era of our society?

The society around all of us is changing. We are starting to see the big social changes that have been in works since phone and internet were in the early stages. For older generations this is scary because they have to change their mindset and stop being creature of habit and learn a new side to our society which will continue to change. Millennial have an advantage since a lot of us don't remember or have faint memories of a time where our society did not have all the advancement it does today.

That being said I still believe that even our generation of millennial can learn something from past generation and future generation as well. Since all of us need to be aware that our society will never stay the same for long. We need to stop fighting each other ever chance we get. We need to stop trying to one up each other or use a trump card to end a conversation that is not going our way. We need to stop believe that age can discredit someone because we believe they don't have age buy-in to have their opinions be a part of the conversation. We need to stop looking down and discounting one another opinions because everyone who does that is ruin a chance to learn and better our society.