"Milk and Vine" : A Must Read for Vine Lovers

Wondering what to get your vine-lover this Christmas?

472
Alex Holt

Have you ever heard of Rupi Kapur’s anthology of poems called “Milk and Honey”? Well Emily Beck and Adam Gasiewski made their spin on it and dedicated to the famous (now dead) social media platform Vine. Each page consists of some of what were the most 6 second videos at the time and added small drawings similar to those that were in Rupi Kapur’s poems.

According to NY Magazine, Milk and Vine was first published on Amazon by 18-year-old Emily Beck and 19-year-old Adam Gasiewski late last October as a joke. The young couple, both first-year students at Temple University, had decided to try to publish “some sort of book” on a whim after one of their friends had gotten a lot of praise for publishing their own website”. The two published the book as a joke and never thought it would end up as Amazon’s #1 Best Seller.

Since "Milk and Vine" has gotten so much publicity recently, naturally some have begun to criticize. Some people are arguing that they took all of the vines from viners without crediting them at all. This is true, which is a reason why Gasiewski and Beck plan on coming out with a second Milk and Vine book crediting viners who are mentioned. However, many other viners are happy that their supposedly 'dead' vines are once again getting recognition. Viner Brandon Williams posted on his Instagram one of his vines features in Milk and Vine and called it “iconic”.

You can currently get "Milk And Vine" on Amazon here , for only $3.79 and with two-day shipping with Amazon Prime membership. I got my hands on a copy and it was money well spent.