Military, McDonald's, And Minimum Wage

Military, McDonald's, And Minimum Wage

Thanks to your military you're able to have McDonald's

34
Military, McDonald's, And Minimum Wage
Eat this,not that!

When discussing the rise of minimum wage for McDonald's workers, I said no because 1) the price of a tiny fast food hamburger would also rise but most importantly 2) they shouldn't be paid more than military. I know some don't agree with this because military personnel chose that career. But last time I checked everyone chooses what they decide to do with their life. Meaning those working at McDonald's chose that. Though I can recall a time when the people didn't have a choice to join the military...remember all those people drafted into Vietnam...well my grandfather happened to be one of them. He didn't choose that now did he? That's right...nope! But in the process of being drafted and serving in Vietnam, he lost two important things. The first important being his right eye. The second, which is more sentimental than anything, was his wife's high school ring. I know in most cases, though, military personnel do choose to enlist but they don't want to be shot at, live in dirty conditions, and eat nasty food, but they do want to get their country safe and free.

People want to blame working at McDonald's on not being able to afford college, but in my life, I watched my own mother work at least three jobs and guess what...she didn't have a college degree! If you want more than minimum wage then get out there and do more than an average fast food job. A job at McDonald's wasn't meant to last for your whole life.

I've even talked with a girl who works at McDonald's and doesn't see why or how they would be paid fifteen dollars an hour. She said at the most nine dollars. So it's not just me and those who don't work at McDonald's that believe this, but even employees believe it too.

I'm in no way trying to bash those who work at McDonald's or other fast food chains. I'm trying to stress my point on don't expect to receive more than the effort you are giving. This world isn't free, and everyone has a choice. So don't just point out that military chose that when fast food workers chose it too.